Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Almost October?
Josiegirl 02:42 AM 09-26-2017
Are you sure it's not June? July maybe?
It was 87 and muggy hot yesterday. Same today. I'm in New England, usually it's 50-60 by now, I love fall weather and this isn't it. We haven't had any yet that I can think of. Maybe we'll have Indian Summer in December when we'd love to have a couple warm days.

My green pepper plants produced maybe 3 peppers all summer. Just in the last week I've gotten 6 peppers. But my maple tree has dropped most of its leaves already.
Mike 05:15 AM 09-26-2017
This whole year has been crazy weather.
284878 05:23 AM 09-26-2017
Here schools are closing half days because of the afternoon heat. I got to walk the dck down to the bus stop during nap time in the heat to get my DD off the bus.
It is hotter here than FL.
midaycare 05:28 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
Here schools are closing half days because of the afternoon heat. I got to walk the dck down to the bus stop during nap time in the heat to get my DD off the bus.
It is hotter here than FL.
I assume you're not complaining, because in a few months, you and I will be up to our eyeballs in snow
lovemykidstoo 05:32 AM 09-26-2017
In in Michigan too and our schools are open. Drives me nuts because in the winter they'll close for "cold" days when the kids have to wait for the bus for a few minutes, but not in the extreme heat with no air in the schools and sweat the entire day. My daughter is in high school and she said sweat was rolling off her back all day.

you will not hear me complain of the heat in the summer, but now that fall has hit, I'm ready for sweatshirt weather. I just feel bad for the kids in the school that have to try to learn in the heat and then my daughter has pompon practice for 2 1/2 hrs tonight in the school.
midaycare 05:35 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
In in Michigan too and our schools are open. Drives me nuts because in the winter they'll close for "cold" days when the kids have to wait for the bus for a few minutes, but not in the extreme heat with no air in the schools and sweat the entire day. My daughter is in high school and she said sweat was rolling off her back all day.

you will not hear me complain of the heat in the summer, but now that fall has hit, I'm ready for sweatshirt weather. I just feel bad for the kids in the school that have to try to learn in the heat and then my daughter has pompon practice for 2 1/2 hrs tonight in the school.
It's breaking for us tonight, same for you? Schools are open for us along the Lakeshore, but they cancelled the running club ds does at recess.
Mike 05:35 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I assume you're not complaining, because in a few months, you and I will be up to our eyeballs in snow
All through this wet year we've been having, I figured with all the rain we've been getting, there won't be much left for snow this winter but I heard that we're supposed to be getting more snow than average as well.
lovemykidstoo 06:00 AM 09-26-2017
It's breaking for us tonight, same for you? Schools are open for us along the Lakeshore, but they cancelled the running club ds does at recess.
yes supposed to be 74 tomorrow. I can't wait to open every window in the house!
Ariana 07:47 AM 09-26-2017
Also on the East side in Canada and it has been brutally hot. +40 celcius every day for two weeks. It has been rainy and chilly all summer which was very unusual so its almost as if spring and summer shifted by a month. Now we are getting summer in fall.

There is supposed to be thunder showers on Wednesday and then the temp goes down to +18C after that. We are camping this weekend so mother nature better get her act together!
Ariana 07:47 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
All through this wet year we've been having, I figured with all the rain we've been getting, there won't be much left for snow this winter but I heard that we're supposed to be getting more snow than average as well.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Blackcat31 07:53 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Originally Posted by Ariana:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YEEEEEESSSSSSS! I love snow!
Ariana 07:56 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I need a snow blower. How we survived this long in Canada without one I have no clue! Shovelling is getting old
midaycare 08:04 AM 09-26-2017
Every year you say that and every year I think you are crazy! I tolerate it.

This year I get foot surgery Dec 22nd and have to wear a boot for 12 weeks. Zero snow activity. Winter will stink.
Blackcat31 08:18 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:

I need a snow blower. How we survived this long in Canada without one I have no clue! Shovelling is getting old
I love to shovel..... It's the polar opposite of child care so it's something I really enjoy! I also love mowing the lawn for the same reason.

Every year you say that and every year I think you are crazy! I tolerate it.

This year I get foot surgery Dec 22nd and have to wear a boot for 12 weeks. Zero snow activity. Winter will stink.
Aw, bummer about the surgery! Hoping things go well for you and you recover quickly!

Yes, I say that every year about snow but seriously what's not to love? (other than drivers that drive as if it's the first snow fall they've ever seen ) Snow provides so much fun and entertainment! Most people I know that love snow like it because when it does snow, it means it's not really "that" cold....which is true but I like the deep cold (like sub-zero temps too ).

Snow provides for some great activities! Snowmobiling, ice skating, ice fishing, snow shoeing, skiing, sledding, bonfires, hiking etc!
Baby Beluga 08:45 AM 09-26-2017
October is the start of our nice weather here. After 115+ degree temps all summer I LOVE that it is in the 60's in the mornings. The first thing I do it open every single window to let the house air out.

Only negative thing is, in the morning it is chilly while in the afternoon it is still hot to where you need to AC. The drastic change in temps causes a lot of people to become sick.
daycarediva 10:33 AM 09-26-2017
I love to shovel..... It's the polar opposite of child care so it's something I really enjoy! I also love mowing the lawn for the same reason.
ME TOO!

It's HOTTTT here, too. Yesterday was 90 and humid. Kids are coming in in long sleeves and pants? WHY!?

I had toddlers running around without pants on bc they were wearing jeans.
Josiegirl 03:04 PM 09-26-2017
We were sitting in the sandbox playing this afternoon. One of my 3 yo dcgs comes up and asks me if I'm sad. I said No, why? She then asks, You're just soaking wet? Lol Yeh, dripping sweat.....
284878 06:09 AM 09-27-2017
I'm not that short. Lol

It's not the heat it's the having to take the kids down to the bus stop during nap time for the half-day of school to get Dd off the bus. And then to have the bus be late and the kids get restless and overtired. I can't let them run around because we're at the road.
midaycare 06:19 AM 09-27-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
I'm not that short. Lol

It's not the heat it's the having to take the kids down to the bus stop during nap time for the half-day of school to get Dd off the bus. And then to have the bus be late and the kids get restless and overtired. I can't let them run around because we're at the road.
I live in the snow belt, so 100 inches is the average. Our drifts at home are easily 12 feet when the snowplow comes through. Not uncommon to have 3-6 feet of snow at any one time. Once the snow starts, we generally don't see ground again until March.

You do bus stop marches? I admire that!
Blackcat31 06:25 AM 09-27-2017
I live in the snow belt,

LysesKids 06:41 AM 09-27-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Are you sure it's not June? July maybe?
It was 87 and muggy hot yesterday. Same today. I'm in New England, usually it's 50-60 by now, I love fall weather and this isn't it. We haven't had any yet that I can think of. Maybe we'll have Indian Summer in December when we'd love to have a couple warm days.

My green pepper plants produced maybe 3 peppers all summer. Just in the last week I've gotten 6 peppers. But my maple tree has dropped most of its leaves already.
My Japanese Maple has changed colors already, so I understand - we've only had a few cool nights (I'm 45 minutes from the Smoky Mts); The leaves will be gone way before it gets cold enough. Last year I didn't have to cut my roses back for Winter until the first week of December which is ridiculous.
Tags:warm weathe
Reply Up