Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Aid Kit
MommyMuffin 12:37 PM 07-30-2010
What do you guys have in your first aid kit, I dont want to forget anything? And what do you put it in? The little tackle box thing I have just wont fit everything your supposed to have so I'm trying to think of something else. I dont have a lot of money as I am just starting up but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Do you have another one that you keep in the vehicle? What about when you go on walks? Do you use a different one for home, car and walks?
ninosqueridos 01:12 PM 07-30-2010
I don't have anything fancy...just picked up the most expensive one ($30) at Walmart plus I keep thermometers (digital underarm), extra bandaids of all sizes, and extra neosporin. I also have hydrogen peroxide which doesn't come in a first aid kit....I'll see if I can think of other things....
Unregistered 07:40 PM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
What do you guys have in your first aid kit, I dont want to forget anything? And what do you put it in? The little tackle box thing I have just wont fit everything your supposed to have so I'm trying to think of something else. I dont have a lot of money as I am just starting up but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Do you have another one that you keep in the vehicle? What about when you go on walks? Do you use a different one for home, car and walks?
I have bandaids in various sizes, thermometer, tweezers, gauze pads and rolls, Neosporin, scissors, medical tape, ice packs, CPR mask, Hydrogen Peroxide, Tylenol, Solarcaine, sun screen, bug spray, water and a roll of quarters in mine. I also have a folder where I keep copies of all the kids' emergency records. I put all of this in a back pack. It works really well for me because it has several different pockets where I can stash things in categories. (The things I'm most likely to use go in the small front pocket, for example.) I can store it in the car or in the house to take with me when I leave.
Michael 07:56 PM 07-30-2010
We have a page dedicated to The Essential First-Aid Kit: https://www.daycare.com/news/firstaid.html
swaddlebees 02:26 PM 07-31-2010
also I just keep all my stuff in a sterilite plastic bin (the tall one) i have all my bandaids in ziplock bags to save space also (seperated by character lol)
ninosqueridos 08:16 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by swaddlebees:
also I just keep all my stuff in a sterilite plastic bin (the tall one) i have all my bandaids in ziplock bags to save space also (seperated by character lol)
omg this is a great idea!! I had two dck's fighting over dora and spiderman ones on Friday (both scratching tons of mosquito bites).
swaddlebees 02:17 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:
omg this is a great idea!! I had two dck's fighting over dora and spiderman ones on Friday (both scratching tons of mosquito bites).
Yeah we have the same issue. I am in south GA so tons of mosquitos, that bite and then the kids scratch them...i have every character available and those boxes take up alot of space...so I just use the small zip bags and label the outside.
gaurav.convo 09:25 AM 08-03-2010
Hey guys..I'm new here..

I have a little bit to talk about first aid kits..
It is important to have first aid kits, because they allow someone who is injured, to be rapidly treated with basic first aid, before they can be properly treated at the local hospital. Therefore in emergency circumstances, someone should know where the nearest first aid kit is located and how to use the contents within it.

First aid kits are designed to treat non-emergency situations that do not need a doctor and to provide instant care in emergency situations. Kits can be small or large and the size of the pack is generally determined by the number of people who may access it over time. But every first aid kit has basic items that are used to treat minor injuries and hopefully stop or reduce the chances of infection.

There are also first aid kits for burns, kitchens and special industries. Having one first aid kit with you does not mean that you are waiting for an accident to happen. Accidents are a reality in life, so whether we like it or not, it is always best to be ready.

First aid kits for the office or home should be purchased in a size that meets the requirements of the number of people potentially using the kit. It can be large or small, but should always have crucial first aid items. The kit can provide you with the assurance that minor injuries can be dealt with in a quick manner.

If you're looking for some, you can get it on CPR Mask
boysx5 10:56 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:
I don't do any fancy band aids too much trouble. We have a special list of first aid items that must be in our bad at all times per licensing
Abigail 10:40 PM 08-05-2010
Should I buy an actual "First Aid Kit" or should I just create one on my own from scratch? Why type of a box should I use? I just think creating one from scratch might be better because I can choose my own size that I need. I could always purchase my supplies first, then find a good sized box to put it in right?! Time to write a checklist!
Pammie 03:47 AM 08-06-2010
I found a pre-stocked first-aid kit at Sam's Club for about $30 that came stocked with more supplies than I'll probably ever use! I thought about buying a plastic storage box and stocking one myself, but it would have cost waaaay more for everything that the Sam's Club one came with!
Plus, I only use plain band-aids for the kids - too much squabbling about which character they wanted, and whining if I ran out of a favorite!
Unregistered 04:35 PM 12-15-2010
Hello to all daycare providers!

I would very much like to have individual emergency kits available for children in case the unexpeted happens, would any one have any helpful advice for me?

BB Daycare
Tags:2010, first aid
Reply Up