Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Finding a sub off site
grateday 08:28 AM 10-30-2014
I need to find a sub that is off site, does anyone have any ideas on what to do. I am a pretty big introvert, I don't have any childcare providers that I know. I know of one childcare provider with very limited space for this and another who does group care. My parents don't want there kids in a larger setting and I have a smaller childcare.

I want to find someone but I have tried looking in the past with no luck. I need someone at a different childcare for when I am closed when my son and or I are ill.

I have one parent who really struggles finding back up care and I feel really bad when all of a sudden our family is ill.

I had a new enrollment too and this happens so I hope she does not judge, I have layringitis right now and I am ok, but my poor son had 3 seizures and threw up and was just not himself so I am not closed today because of me but because depending on if it gets worse or better, I might have to take him in to be seen today is what I am saying.

My son has epilepsy so the seizures come with a lot of different triggers. The strange thing about the whole thing was the non existent fever.

But just because someone has no fever present does not mean that they are not ill. He was sluggish, zoning out, moving around really slow, not talking much (he is very talkitive). Not wanting to participate in anything going on yesterday.
LysesKids 08:38 AM 10-30-2014
When my parents enroll they all know that my policies state I AM NOT responsible for finding back up care for them, that they need to have a plan in place before it's needed; it even reiterates that they must follow policies in the contract they sign - them finding their own sub is written into my illness/holiday policy paragraph

I still have issues, but I just tell them poor planning on your part does not make it my emergency. After 14 years, I refuse to feel bad for the times i do actually close for my illness
TheGoodLife 09:04 AM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
When my parents enroll they all know that my policies state I AM NOT responsible for finding back up care for them, that they need to have a plan in place before it's needed; it even reiterates that they must follow policies in the contract they sign - them finding their own sub is written into my illness/holiday policy paragraph

I still have issues, but I just tell them poor planning on your part does not make it my emergency. After 14 years, I refuse to feel bad for the times i do actually close for my illness
If your friend with a larger daycare doesn't mind the referral I'd be nice and give your parents the number, but it's not your responsibility to find backup care and if the parents don't want a large setting for possible backup then that's their choice. That's part of being in a HOME daycare- you have to deal with emergency closings sometimes.
Reply Up