Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MMR, Tigers & Bears.. Oh My!
KDC 07:09 AM 12-03-2013
My little one just received his 6 month MMR shot last night after pick-up and Dad mentioned he woke up around 10:30 screaming, they gave him some tylenol and after 2 hours of screaming he went to sleep. They wake and drop, and of course he's WAY more difficult than usual. I told him that I do not feel comfortable giving tylenol, that if he requires it then he needs to stay home. He said he's working from home, so he could come and administer the tylenol. Hmmm....

He's attempting to sleep now, I keep going back and forth to try to calm him. It's going to be a rough day for me.
SilverSabre25 07:52 AM 12-03-2013
...6 month MMR? I thought that was only a 12 month shot?
Blackcat31 09:01 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
...6 month MMR? I thought that was only a 12 month shot?
Yeah, that's what I thought too...most kids around here don't get it until 15 months.

Here is the chart from the CDC and it shows 12-15 months too.
preschoolteacher 11:39 AM 12-03-2013
I really don't think MMR can/should be given at 6 months. Wonder what it was?
cara041083 12:39 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by KDC:
My little one just received his 6 month MMR shot last night after pick-up and Dad mentioned he woke up around 10:30 screaming, they gave him some tylenol and after 2 hours of screaming he went to sleep. They wake and drop, and of course he's WAY more difficult than usual. I told him that I do not feel comfortable giving tylenol, that if he requires it then he needs to stay home. He said he's working from home, so he could come and administer the tylenol. Hmmm....

He's attempting to sleep now, I keep going back and forth to try to calm him. It's going to be a rough day for me.
I agree. All of my kids (I have 3) didn't get that until age 12 months and older. You might talk to him about that. If he is correct, and that is the shot he received, he might need to speak to his doctor and find out what or why he received it so young. As for him being in your care, I think I would have him picked up poor lil guy
KDC 01:22 PM 12-03-2013
** DCD was mistaken, have the form from the Dr. they copied it and had it in his backpack. It was Dtap, Polio, Hib, HB & Pneumococcal. I thought it was early for MMR, but couldn't remember since it's been awhile since my own kids were vaccinated.

He's slept a lot today and I'm not adhering to their only 2 hour naps... he's taken a 3 hr. nap this morning and is on hour 2 this afternoon. He must need it=) He's not inconsolable so I'm hanging in there.

Just feel bad for the little guy. Lots of cuddles when I can, and hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow. Thanks girls!
Danielle 12:18 PM 12-04-2013
Poor guy. I hope he's doing better today. Pneumococcal was probably the culprit. It's known for reactions, especially the extreme crankiness. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/...v13.html#risks
Blackcat31 12:45 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Danielle:
Poor guy. I hope he's doing better today. Pneumococcal was probably the culprit. It's known for reactions, especially the extreme crankiness. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/...v13.html#risks
Nice to see you back...it's been awhile
Danielle 01:05 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nice to see you back...it's been awhile
I know... It's been too long. I actually got an email today about this week's hot topics and decided I should stop by.
Tags:screamer, vaccinations
Reply Up