Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>New to Daycare and I Have a Few Questions
Christophina 09:36 AM 08-19-2010
Hi Everyone,

I am working on opening my own family daycare in Florida and I am super excited. I have wanted to do this for a long time but for some reason just never did it. Well now I have the opportunity to do it, but I have a few questions......

Here's what I have done so far:
Scheduled a CPR class with the Red Cross (Aug. 30)
Taken some of the DCF training and have a plan to complete by the end of the month
Formed the business name and registered it as an LLC
Rearranged my home to accomodate for daycare (finishing up this weekend with a trip to ikea)
Wrote a contract and other misc communication papers
Placed ads on various websites and in the two local pennysavers which will come out next week.
Made a website.

I am planning on registering with DCF and then getting my license in a year or so, which is legal in my state.

My goal was to open Sept. 1. Which is now seeming hopeless....

Now here are my questions:

I am having trouble finding kids to watch! I have told everyone I know and done everything I can think of to get the word out there, am I missing something? How do I get clients?

I am expecting my 3rd child in November, the day after Thanksgiving, and I am planning on hiring a sub/assistant to cover for my while I am in labor, etc. I will also have my grandmother staying with me for a bit. But how do I go about finding a sub? I mean, I need one to cover for the unexpected stuff too. Like, if I am sick or one of my own children are sick....

Also, I know this is kind of state specific but I am confused about the background checks required for registering and my local agencies seem to be giving me the run around/won't return my calls....

My family has been affected very badly by the economy and we are a sinking financially. If I don't start making some money soon (even just a little bit), we are going to be in a world of trouble.....
Tags:advertise, advertising, substitute, tom copeland
Up