Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sorry to Irritate You, DCM
drseuss 01:00 PM 06-09-2014
One of my dc kiddos had blowout diarrhea today, and she put her hands in it and smeared it around. So I had a bad mess to clean up, a bath to give, and other kiddos to take care of. Thankfully my backup person happened to be here when it happened. I called dcm to come pick up as the diaper was not containing the business. She said she totally understood the reason (I do not think dcg is ill, I think this was a miralax issue), but then posted on facebook that she was irritated, and "can't we ever catch a break"...

It is hard enough having to call for pickup when you know it is going to create a problem for that family. But I really do not need to feel any worse about it. Maybe I should not take this personally but it is hard not to have hurt feelings.

Mondays.
playground1 01:26 PM 06-09-2014
You probably shouldn't have parents on Facebook. That would solve some of the problem.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:38 PM 06-09-2014
^^. I learned my lesson about bitching about a DCM on FB and even though she was blocked from my profile, she still saw it somehow and called me out on it. She got the point but it was still embarrassing for me. Now I have 2 accounts, one for daycare only and my private one for family and friends only.
cheerfuldom 01:42 PM 06-09-2014
i am not FB friends with daycare parents. but also I wouldnt take her comment personally. it IS annoying to have a child who is sick enough to be home but not really sick.....when you just have to wait it out and miss work. Part of parenting? yes. but still annoying.
CraftyMom 01:43 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
^^. I learned my lesson about bitching about a DCM on FB and even though she was blocked from my profile, she still saw it somehow and called me out on it. She got the point but it was still embarrassing for me. Now I have 2 accounts, one for daycare only and my private one for family and friends only.
Yes, I also have 2 accounts because I don't need my dc peeps to know everything about me . But she would still see what dcm said about HER
Blackcat31 02:07 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
i am not FB friends with daycare parents. but also I wouldnt take her comment personally. it IS annoying to have a child who is sick enough to be home but not really sick.....when you just have to wait it out and miss work. Part of parenting? yes. but still annoying.
THIS ^^ bolded.

I wouldn't take it personally.

It IS irritating to have small child sometimes... seems every single time you need to get something done is the exact time they need you.

It's tough. I get it.

I doubt she was irritated by YOU.
TwinKristi 02:23 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
THIS ^^ bolded.

It IS irritating to have small child sometimes... seems every single time you need to get something done is the exact time they need you.

It's tough. I get it.

I agree!!
drseuss 02:46 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
THIS ^^ bolded.

It's tough. I get it.

Hopefully that is all it is. I just hate when things like this throw a wrench in people's days. And maybe dcm didn't see how her comment might have been taken personally because that wasn't how she meant it. ? I'm going to just hope that's the case.

I was friends with this gal for ten years before I had her dd in my daycare so we were facebook friends. I do have other parents as facebook friends too and so far so good. There is always a way that people can see your business. That doesn't really bother me I guess.
Reply Up