Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Welcome Packet
MelissaP 12:08 PM 12-12-2017
I'm trying to throw together a welcome packet with all the information parents need, along with all the paperwork and information in it. Can I ask you all a question?
What do you put into your welcome packets?
Thanks!

storybookending 12:15 PM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
I'm trying to throw together a welcome packet with all the information parents need, along with all the paperwork and information in it. Can I ask you all a question?
What do you put into your welcome packets?
Thanks!
Copy of contract. Checklist of things to bring in the first day. Example of the infant daily report I fill out if an infant space. I have pictures of all my meals taken and written next to them what they are so they get a copy of that to see what kinds of lunches I serve. Craft examples.

Handbook if you have one.. rough daily schedule.
DaveA 01:09 PM 12-12-2017
Contracts (2 copies- 1 to return and 1 for them to keep) and Any state required forms
Blackcat31 02:12 PM 12-12-2017
I include a welcome letter and a copy of the state's licensing rules (per licensing rules) and a digital copy of my policy handbook as well as the following items:

My contract is completed when parent returns above forms.
MelissaP 05:07 AM 12-13-2017
Thank you everyone for your input! I greatly appreciate it!
MelissaP 05:20 AM 12-13-2017
BC - What does your chemical use policy look like? I'm not sure I understand this one and "Google Knows All" doesn't give me anything. LOL
Cat Herder 05:22 AM 12-13-2017
I have everything BC has plus:

Developmental screening consent form
EMS/Insurance form
Potty Readiness Education pdf
Emergency Response Plan
Communicable Disease Chart; CDC
Safe Sleep Education pdf
Digital Resource File
Infant Feeding Plan pdf
Weather Chart
QRIS Education pdf
Annual Calendar/Sample Menus pdf
Wellness Policy Education pdf

I give most in digital format but am required to have hard copies on hand as well. Parent handbooks and enrollments forms require signatures and are kept for two years.
Tags:enrollment forms, handbooks, mandated reporter, welcome letter, welcome packet
Reply Up