Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling Lonely
DCMomOf3 12:41 PM 09-16-2010
I'm just having one of those weeks where I feel lonely. Watching my two pg DCMs starting to get more friendly with each other I'm feeling it right now. Also, my schedule doesn't allow me to get out much, and my husband's schedule gets him home after dinner most nights. I need to snap out of it.
MommyMuffin 01:01 PM 09-16-2010
I don't think your alone in feeling that way, it is so important to keep connected and take time for yourself. Do you have anyone who can watch your kids at night so you can get out and do something with friends? Don't ignore your feelings Talk to others and us!((Hugs))
missnikki 01:48 PM 09-16-2010
Think about it this way- if those 2 pg moms are becoming more friendly w/ each other, you may have set up a couple of babies with lifelong best friends! I hate feeling left out, or like the world is going on around me. When that happens, I try REALLY hard to breathe new life into my day. I try something new, go out of order, do something spontaneous with the kids or pick up a paintbrush and goof off. Then, when that part of my day is over, I go on strike and instead of making dinner or doing laundry..etc.. I take a bath, go get take out food, a movie, and a bottle of wine for me & the hubby. I'm not advocating heavy drinking, just something different to set the mood.

That's what works for me...do you have a long lost or secret hobby to revisit?
Michael 02:45 PM 09-16-2010
I know its not the same but you can count on us always being here.
melskids 03:00 PM 09-16-2010
i think we all feel that way sometimes. home daycare can be a lonely place, when the only people you get to talk to all day are under 3 feet tall...lol

do you have any friends who have kids or maybe do daycare as well, that you could meet up with for a playdate during the day? go to the park and let the kids play while you sit on the bench and gossip...lol

i only had 2 today, so we ran to the post office. its the first ive been out of the house this week. its pretty sad when you get excited just to go mail a letter
SilverSabre25 03:38 PM 09-16-2010
I feel like that a lot--we only have one car and DH works a split shift...he's home in the afternoons (what a blessing!) but gone again in the evenings until 10:30, so I never get to go anywhere except on weekends. I finally started having "Knitting Night" with my two sisters (they come over to my house after DD is in bed, we have yummy-but-bad-for-us stuff, we knit, we talk, and we watch Doctor Who) one night a week and then one other night a week I play a computer game online with my DH, BIL, and BIL's brother, so that is another fun evening thing to look forward to. It has helped, a LOT. But I still feel lonely sometimes.
kidkair 06:32 PM 09-16-2010
My husband and I have scheduled a game night with mutual friends once a week and we go out of town once a month to visit farther away mutual friends. I tend to chat with all the mothers at drop off or pick up when I start feeling lonely. My husband is home most days for lunch at least so I can talk to him a bit midday when all the kids are finally not asking a hundred questions every minute.
DCMomOf3 02:09 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
I know its not the same but you can count on us always being here.
Thanks Michael. Online conversations do help and I appreciate them.

Originally Posted by missnikki:
Think about it this way- if those 2 pg moms are becoming more friendly w/ each other, you may have set up a couple of babies with lifelong best friends! I hate feeling left out, or like the world is going on around me.

That's what works for me...do you have a long lost or secret hobby to revisit?
I am feeling left out and I think that is part of my problem.

The things I like to do are solitary and with my kids and husband I don't get that time to do them. I would need to find time that I can be alone, which would be a unique way of solving lonliness. I will have to find something my kids can do along side of me.
Michael 02:13 PM 09-17-2010
Maybe this is a guy thing but fishing was great solitary time with my dad, brother and me when I was younger.
Crystal 02:30 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
Thanks Michael. Online conversations do help and I appreciate them.

I am feeling left out and I think that is part of my problem.

The things I like to do are solitary and with my kids and husband I don't get that time to do them. I would need to find time that I can be alone, which would be a unique way of solving lonliness. I will have to find something my kids can do along side of me.
Why not strike up a conversation with the Moms and get together for tea, or coffee, or whatever?

OR, see if there are any provider groups in your area and join. Sometimes, being with those who know our daily challenges works wonders.
Tags:staying positive, virtual friends
Reply Up