Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>W10 For Parents Who Use State Assistance
kpa0627 05:11 PM 01-05-2011
Ok, so I have a parent who receives state assistance. So, once a month I get a payment from the State for that month. She is then left with the rest of the payment to cover what I charge for the month. So when calculation what she's paid for the year for her W10 I only put what she actually paid and not what she/state paid right??
lvt77 05:50 PM 01-05-2011
yes only what she paid....if she tries to calim it all on her taxes she will get audited....The IRS will ask her for proof that she paid for the daycare in full from her own means of income.....They will audit her because they will also see that she does not make enough money to cover the DC cost....thought I would let you know that part too just in case she asks you to add everything in her w10.
kpa0627 05:53 PM 01-05-2011
So, will the state send me a form with what they paid me? I have receipts that state payments made by her and payments made by the state but just wondering.
lvt77 06:07 PM 01-05-2011
I am not sure what state you are in, I would contact them to find out the proper filling procedures.... I dont take SA, only cash....I went to school this past summer at our community college and took a day care tax class....it was great...see if yours has one too
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by kpa0627:
So, will the state send me a form with what they paid me? I have receipts that state payments made by her and payments made by the state but just wondering.
I get a 1099 from the state with the totals of all money paid to me by the state assistance program. My statement doesn't say how much was for each family but I also get individual statements for each payment that does outline what was paid and for who. But the end of the year 1099 comes with total paid to me and comes by Jan 31 just like W-2's.

I had a non-custodial dad who paid child support and he knew part of his support was for childcare expenses so he came to me asking for a receipt for money paid to me for his child. I explained to him that because mom received assistance from state for childcare and he didnt pay me directly that I can't give him a receipt. He argued with me that his support money went to childcare costs so he had a right to have one. I just told him get the receipt then from the person/place your money gets paid to (the county) I didnt get any money actually from him so I refused.....I had to laugh at that one though...nice try!
TomCopeland 04:18 PM 01-06-2011
Ivt77 and Blackcat31 have it exactly right.
Tags:tax return, w10
Reply Up