Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Not Claiming Formula Anymore Because....
Oneluckymom 08:49 AM 02-07-2013
my DCG turned 12 months in November. SOOO....this just occurred to me yesterday that im not even claiming this formula all this time.

Initially I didn't worry about it because mom talked to me about transitioning her to whole milk around the time of her first birthday so I wasn't even using formula all that much. But yesterday mom said that she wanted to cut back on her milk and continue using formula because of a persistent rash on DCGs bottom (another forum topic).

So now what do I do about claiming formula or should I say the cost of the formula? I use similac advance.
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 02-07-2013
Are you on the food program?

I have had parents want to continue formula after 12 months. I won't supply it after 12 months though so they need to bring it.

I don't think the food program reimburses after 12 months either unless you have a special diet statement filled out by the child's doctor.
Oneluckymom 08:58 AM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have had parents want to continue formula after 12 months. I won't supply it after 12 months though so they need to bring it.

I don't think the food program reimburses after 12 months either unless you have a special diet statement filled out by the child's doctor.
Exactly....I am on the food program. I had nothing written in my contract about NOT supplying it AFTER 12 MONTHS. So do I just tell mom that she needs to bring in the formula?
itlw8 09:03 AM 02-07-2013

I had a special needs child once that was not eating table food at 12 months due to sensory issues so I called the fp and asked. They told me they have until 13 months to transition and then they need a dr's orders.

Our goal was table food anyway and it clicked one day around 12 1/2 months.

Personally I think I would tell the parents that is fine to continue the formula BUT you need to supply it from now on. by the way next time tell parents you will only supply the store brand from Walmart or Target it is MUCH cheaper. if they do not like that one they can supply the formula.
Oneluckymom 09:06 AM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I had a special needs child once that was not eating table food at 12 months due to sensory issues so I called the fp and asked. They told me they have until 13 months to transition and then they need a dr's orders.

Our goal was table food anyway and it clicked one day around 12 1/2 months.

Personally I think I would tell the parents that is fine to continue the formula BUT you need to supply it from now on. by the way next time tell parents you will only supply the store brand from Walmart or Target it is MUCH cheaper. if they do not like that one they can supply the formula.
Yes, I think I will switch to a generic brand. AND I am definitely going to add this to my contract that I will not provide it past 12mo.
Blackcat31 09:11 AM 02-07-2013
I would just let her know the food program does not reimburse for formula and that she must be served the required foods according to them unless she gets a special diet statement from her doctor. I would definitely tell her since you aren't reimbursed for formula anymore you will NOT be providing it.

I would provider her with the meal pattern for kids over age 12 months.

I usually send this letter home with parents who have a child about to turn 12 months old.
Oneluckymom 09:31 AM 02-07-2013
I would just let her know the food program does not reimburse for formula and that she must be served the required foods according to them unless she gets a special diet statement from her doctor. I would definitely tell her since you aren't reimbursed for formula anymore you will NOT be providing it.

I would provider her with the meal pattern for kids over age 12 months.

I usually send this letter home with parents who have a child about to turn 12 months old.
Oh thanks Balckcat!!! Im printing this now!!
Tags:deduction, deduction - formula, forms
Reply Up