Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Just Want To Say Thanks Tom!
KEG123 01:55 PM 01-14-2011
I know I'm not the only one to say this, but thanks for all the help you've been giving out regarding tax questions. I wasn't in business last year, but this year is my first year and it's really been helpful to read your responses!

And am I the only one who is a bit star struck? Like...omg THE famous Tom Copeland? Like, no way!

Anyways, thanks!
Michael 02:08 PM 01-14-2011
Yes, Tom does spend a great deal of time on the Daycare.com forum and its a huge benifit to our members. Also a reminder to read Tom's article that he wrote specifically for Daycare.com visitors at : https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/tom-copeland.html
TomCopeland 02:16 PM 01-14-2011
I'm glad my responses have been helpful. I know how frustrating record keeping and taxes can be. I hope providers will hang in there with this. It gets better as the years pass. If you don't get something right for your 2010 taxes you can always correct it later by amending your tax return.
Cat Herder 02:19 PM 01-14-2011
Thank you
My Daycare 02:36 PM 01-14-2011
Thank You!
kendallina 04:56 PM 01-14-2011
I agree! I cannot even express how thankful I am to Tom for his responses here as well as for all that he does for daycare providers.

I have ALWAYS done my own taxes, but with starting the business this year I really wasn't sure that I could do it. I got his Record Keeping Guide and I think I'm feeling good enough to do them myself! Yay! Saved me lots of money and I really like knowing what's going on with my taxes and my money. So, thanks!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:25 PM 01-14-2011
I was thinking this VERY same thing all day long and was going to post something very similar, you couldn't have said it better....I am VERY greatful for Tom's answers and time he takes to answer our questions.

I have found little resources around my area on taxes for daycare, I opened my business in Sept. of 2009 and took a tax class by an accountant shortly before that and found that class to be less valuable than I was expecting.

I purchased Tom's book when I first opened and now it's all making more sence after being in the business for a bit.

I was reading Tom's blogs today and found those VERY helpful, thank you again Tom for all the great resources! I for one am very greatful that you take the time to answer our questions here as it is getting closer to file. Without your knowledge, I don't know where I would find the answers I need...my previous accountant obviously doesn't know daycare tax rules.
TomCopeland 07:30 PM 01-14-2011
I just finished the last of three blog posts about finding a tax professional, what questions to ask a tax professional, and the problems with tax software.
legomom922 08:00 AM 01-15-2011
I must say THANK YOU too!! It helps us and then we too can help others! Thank you so much for taking the time to always answer our questions. I always print them out, as a extra reference tool.
TomCopeland 11:17 AM 01-15-2011
Remember that the paper you print it out on is deductible!
Tags:tom copeland
Reply Up