Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>MMK T/S Question: Something’s Wrong Here...
legomom922 12:22 PM 01-25-2011
Something doesn't seem right..With the 2 kids I had here in Dec, my t/s comes out to be 12.3% and so far now for jan with 1, its only 11.4...In dec, the one dcb was here 3 days a week, and dcg was here 2, and they were not here on the same days...so how can the % be so close in number??
TomCopeland 08:49 PM 01-25-2011
MM calculates your t/s% on a daily basis depending on how many hours you are working (after you have entered in the number of rooms that are being regularly used).

Here's what's happening. If you had 2 children from 7-5 M-F MM will report this as 10 hours a day or 50 hours for the week. If you lose one child and still work from 7-5 MM will record 50 hours for the week, because you still used your home for those 50 hours. In your situation the one child you cared for in January probably spent approximately the same number of hours in your home that the other 2 part time children did in December.
legomom922 06:10 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
MM calculates your t/s% on a daily basis depending on how many hours you are working (after you have entered in the number of rooms that are being regularly used).

Here's what's happening. If you had 2 children from 7-5 M-F MM will report this as 10 hours a day or 50 hours for the week. If you lose one child and still work from 7-5 MM will record 50 hours for the week, because you still used your home for those 50 hours. In your situation the one child you cared for in January probably spent approximately the same number of hours in your home that the other 2 part time children did in December.
I have 1 dcd t/w from 630a-630p 24 hrs/wk dec & jan

I had 1 dcb on m/th/fri from 630-1230 or 9-1 depending on her scdedule, so anywhere from 12-18 hrs a wk.

So are you saying the other part timer, since he was here less hrs than dcg, thats why it change much? So if thats teh case, that dcb didnt provide me with much benefit for my t/s%! LOL
TomCopeland 08:41 AM 01-26-2011
If you cared for children only 24 hours a week that's equal to a 14.2% time (24 hours divided by 168 hours in a week). If you added another 12 hours a week when the dcb was present that's equal to another 7%, or a total of 21%. Check to see that you are entering the actual hours each child was present into MM.
legomom922 12:17 PM 01-26-2011
I'm stumped...because I'm not even coming up with the 14% for the dcg at 24hrs a wk..... I've checked and rechecked..

What now?
TomCopeland 02:39 PM 01-26-2011
Contact MM customer service.
Tags:time space percentage, tom copeland
Reply Up