Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Home Repairs for Daycare, But I Don't Own The Home?
Miss A 11:21 AM 02-29-2016
I just have a quick question on home repairs and updates. My playroom is in desperate need of new windows, and I had planned to pay for these from my business account, thinking that it would be a business expense, as it is needed for daycare. My SO doesn't think that I should, as he owns the house, and my name is not on any deed. He worries that if I am audited, that it could come back to bite me. Is this true? I know nothing about this, and I was just assuming that because I used the room for daycare, all maintenance and repairs would be considered business related.
TomCopeland 07:37 AM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I just have a quick question on home repairs and updates. My playroom is in desperate need of new windows, and I had planned to pay for these from my business account, thinking that it would be a business expense, as it is needed for daycare. My SO doesn't think that I should, as he owns the house, and my name is not on any deed. He worries that if I am audited, that it could come back to bite me. Is this true? I know nothing about this, and I was just assuming that because I used the room for daycare, all maintenance and repairs would be considered business related.
If you pay for the home repair you can deduct the business portion even if you don't own the home. See my article: http://tomcopelandblog.com/can-you-c...re-not-married
Miss A 09:01 AM 03-02-2016
Thank you!
Tags:deduction - home improvement, deduction - repairs, tom copeland
Reply Up