Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Changing A Rate
DaisyMamma 02:18 PM 04-16-2012
My first family was a friend of a friend. I wasn't licensed and offered a low rate. Even last summer, after getting my license I gave her *** amount for 2 kids, one baby, one SA, but I was not filled to capacity.
My state allows 6 fulltime, 3 SA, but in the summer only 6 total. Sooo. I have a full house now and most parents paying what they should be. I'm trying to get all parents to pay what they should be, since I'm getting calls from people willing to pay full rate! Right?
So now I tell DCF mentioned before who had the low rate last summer that I have a waiting list and if they want the ONE space available then they have to pay for it. They should pay 75 more/week but I said 45 and explained that it should be 75. I think that's fair. I got the from DCM, like how dare I raise my rates! But I didn't "raise" my rates, I just gave them a discount that I shouldn't have.
So i guess I just needed to vent. it is what it is. they won't find a lower rate still, and if they do i guess that's fine w me. Im still stressed.
Tags:rate change, rate change notification
Up