Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Possible Dope And Drop? Everyone Is Sick. :(
daycarediva 04:03 AM 03-12-2014
Had a kiddo come in Friday. Slightly runny nose, mild cough. After nap, 101, cough wakes him up, he coughs so hard he throws up. Sent him home.

Comes in Monday. By noonish, it's OBVIOUS he is still sick, and at this point, I ask him if he had medicine this morning and he said yes, his pink medicine. He takes a prescribed med daily for something unrelated, so I can't PROVE it. Send home Monday for 99.9 fever, not participating and bad cough. Dcd NOT happy.

Monday PM, also send home a dcg, same symptoms.

Tuesday-Dcb is back, cough is NOT better, still 99-100. Kid says no medicine. Send home, AGAIN. Tell them he needs a dr note before returning as the kids are dropping like flies. Same day dcg I sent home Monday is out sick, drs put her on antibiotics. Send TWO more kids home with the same symptoms.

Today-they are bringing dcb back with what the dr says is a 'non contagious virus' BUT the REST OF MY KIDS ARE ON ANTIBIOTICS! Turned away a kid at the door this morning for it, told Mom what was going on, and she is making an appt when the pediatrician opens.

I am SOOO TICKED RIGHT NOW. They are scheduled to drop off any minute, and they are going to be met with one annoyed provider.
Tags:24/48, dope and drop, dope; drop, enforcing policies - consistency, exclusion, exclusions, illness policy, provider accountability
Up