Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2017, 09:06 AM
TwinMama's Avatar
TwinMama TwinMama is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 339
Default Recording Expenses

I've been using Minute Menu the past few years and it works ok. I was just wondering if anyone uses Quickbooks or anything that may work better.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 AM
CityGarden's Avatar
CityGarden CityGarden is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 1,667
Default

No advice but I'm interested in this same information
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2017, 11:19 AM
LittleScholars's Avatar
LittleScholars LittleScholars is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMama View Post
I've been using Minute Menu the past few years and it works ok. I was just wondering if anyone uses Quickbooks or anything that may work better.
I've tried both and I prefer Quickbooks. I'll admit that I only tried Minute Menu for a short while because it just didn't have certain features QB does and I didn't want to waste my time. I prefer QB because:
-It automatically tracks my mileage. When I have a minute, I just note whether it was business or personal.
-You can link it to your bank account and create rules so it automatically sorts things (business, personal, or t/s).
-At the time, I felt the categories in QB better reflected my spending and the way my accountant wanted to see things sorted.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2017, 06:34 AM
TwinMama's Avatar
TwinMama TwinMama is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleScholars View Post
I've tried both and I prefer Quickbooks. I'll admit that I only tried Minute Menu for a short while because it just didn't have certain features QB does and I didn't want to waste my time. I prefer QB because:
-It automatically tracks my mileage. When I have a minute, I just note whether it was business or personal.
-You can link it to your bank account and create rules so it automatically sorts things (business, personal, or t/s).
-At the time, I felt the categories in QB better reflected my spending and the way my accountant wanted to see things sorted.
Are you able to give the parents receipts/reports for the year?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2017, 10:17 AM
LittleScholars's Avatar
LittleScholars LittleScholars is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMama View Post
Are you able to give the parents receipts/reports for the year?
Currently, I use Brightwheel for billing, and parents have access to a full year end report. Until recently, BW was free, so that was a better option. Once they start charging a processing fee I'll look into QB and report back.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accounting software, software for daycares

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Childcare Related Moving Expenses spedmommy4 Daycare and Taxes 2 07-21-2016 04:36 PM
Home Expense Rollover? (Tom.. Insights Please) Punkin.Butts Daycare and Taxes 7 12-31-2013 11:33 AM
MMK Question Recording Income? Stepping Daycare and Taxes 5 11-06-2013 01:58 PM
New Daycare And MMK - When To Start Recording Expenses? Christophina Daycare and Taxes 5 01-10-2011 09:00 AM
New Daycare And MMK - When To Start Recording Expenses? Christophina Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 12-30-2010 06:10 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming