Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Often Do You Do Projects
Unregistered 12:31 PM 10-18-2011
Hello!! I have been doing daycare for 13 years and was wondering how often do you do a project with you dck? I try to do a project once a week but with having 2 little babies I sometimes don't get to one for 3 weeks and I feel terrible.
SilverSabre25 12:35 PM 10-18-2011
Define "project".

We painted mini pumpkins today...two pumpkins each for 3 kids and then when they were done with those and still wanted to paint I rolled out a big roll of paper and let them go to town--which is pretty typical of our activities. They almost always end in a large roll of paper with paint all over it, haha (Thank you Ikea!!!!). We do things like this a couple times a week.

Or do you mean a project like a cookie-cutter craft where the end result all looks identical to each other?
Zoe 12:36 PM 10-18-2011
I used to do one every day, then I got a little burned out from trying to keep up with it all. Now I do one a couple times a week. There is no real set schedule, it's just what is going on that day and how we're all feeling.
Crystal 12:38 PM 10-18-2011
My art materials are always out and accessible to the children. They create beautiful artwork every day. I don't do any types of crafts......open-ended art processes only, here.
Christian Mother 12:45 PM 10-18-2011
I so projects once a wk. For yrs I've always just done hand and foot projects with the kids. I feel that they prep. and time for them really are easy and the time frame in completely a project per one is about 6min. I use this sight as my inspiration: http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/

I also have a infant in care and although it can be hard to work around an infant don't stress if you can get to it then do if not don't worry to much. I play my projects the beginning of the week. I always make sure that there as easy to make as possible for the age group. And for me to complete for them. If you are able to prepare the night before then it should make it easier to set up. With me, my infant is part time so I do hers last. She also is up during the children's nap time so I work on hers with her and then complete them all together. You just try and make it work. If not no biggy. If the parents are complaining. Just let them know that w/ a couple of infant in the group you have to be more alert to there needs and it does make it harder to do project but you'll resume when that infant is a little older doesn't need your assistance as much. Good luck and enjoy the sight!! I love it!!
melskids 04:22 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
My art materials are always out and accessible to the children. They create beautiful artwork every day. I don't do any types of crafts......open-ended art processes only, here.
Same here.

They can always choose between paint (usually at the easel), paper and crayons, woodworking and collage, and playdough or clay. the sand & water table is accessible everyday as well.

art is my FAVORITE area, and if i could, i would get rid of EVERY other toy in my house and turn the whole space into an art studio....lol
Tags:projects, projects - how often
Reply Up