Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default At What Point Do You Call For Pick Up

When you have a 6 year old going into first grade tantruming because they refused to listen to you so you made them lay down for quiet time. I usually let the older kids play puzzles, legos or any quiet activity and now that heís on 30 minutes of wailing and woke up all my babies, Iím pretty ticked off to say the least.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would be on the phone.

He has two choices at rest time- listen or lay down.

Tantrum at 6? Oh heeeellll no.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I would be on the phone.

He has two choices at rest time- listen or lay down.

Tantrum at 6? Oh heeeellll no.
This is exactly how I feel. Itís a sticky situation because itís a friend but this child is so over coddled itís insane.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
This is exactly how I feel. Itís a sticky situation because itís a friend but this child is so over coddled itís insane.
Friends donít let friends suffer the fall out from THEIR bad parenting

Old 08-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
When you have a 6 year old going into first grade tantruming because they refused to listen to you so you made them lay down for quiet time. I usually let the older kids play puzzles, legos or any quiet activity and now that heís on 30 minutes of wailing and woke up all my babies, Iím pretty ticked off to say the least.
Did you call for pick-up? How did it go?
Must be something in the air because today was the closest I've ever come to tell a parent to pick up. I sent dcm some texts to give her a head's up that her dd was having an extra rough day and she asked if I wanted her to come pick her up. I almost said yes but was thinking 'won't that set a precedent if dck wants to go home'? Isn't that what a dck would want anyways? Sure, it would've made my day easier but I don't want to start something like that.
I couldn't even get her to sit down and cool down(time out) unless I wanted to physically restrain her. Tomorrow she can play by herself.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Did you call for pick-up? How did it go?
Must be something in the air because today was the closest I've ever come to tell a parent to pick up. I sent dcm some texts to give her a head's up that her dd was having an extra rough day and she asked if I wanted her to come pick her up. I almost said yes but was thinking 'won't that set a precedent if dck wants to go home'? Isn't that what a dck would want anyways? Sure, it would've made my day easier but I don't want to start something like that.
I couldn't even get her to sit down and cool down(time out) unless I wanted to physically restrain her. Tomorrow she can play by herself.
I sent mom a text who was 2 hours away at a work meeting. Apparently they got home at 1am from their flight from Florida and she couldnít miss this meeting or she would have just stayed home knowing he was tired. Grandma usually picks up but she had his cousin and she canít handle cousin and him. She refuses to watch them both because of how bad they both are. So dad came around 5, several hours after the incident.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
So dad came around 5, several hours after the incident.
What consequence did his parents give him for his behavior?

I hope it was not just the excuse. "he was tired"

Old 08-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
What consequence did his parents give him for his behavior?

I hope it was not just the excuse. "he was tired"

None. He doesn’t receive consequences EVER. It’s everyone else’s fault as to why he acts the he does. Mom threw a hissy fit and freaked out on the teacher when he was sent to the office in kinder. She said he doesn’t know better. ��
Old 08-07-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
None. He doesnít receive consequences EVER. Itís everyone elseís fault as to why he acts the he does. Mom threw a hissy fit and freaked out on the teacher when he was sent to the office in kinder. She said he doesnít know better. ��
Ridiculous. Hope she has a great savings account for bail later.

For you: Just a laugh : https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6541&FORM=VIRE
Old 08-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
None. He doesnít receive consequences EVER. Itís everyone elseís fault as to why he acts the he does. Mom threw a hissy fit and freaked out on the teacher when he was sent to the office in kinder. She said he doesnít know better. ��
Next time have him picked up within 1 hour of behavior or terminate immediately. If parents want him to get away with his bad behavior they have to deal with the consequences not you!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 AM

This one is so awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdD...ature=youtu.be

Your DCM would qualify as IABYF
Old 08-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I think for the sake of your friendship I would find a way to stop providing care (when there is not an issue) because if this was not the tipping point for you it surely will come.

SA care is very different than family child care or an in home preschool, there are several reasons I am happy to not take SA kids and this is well mannered SA kids.... this one is not even that.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGarden View Post
I think for the sake of your friendship I would find a way to stop providing care (when there is not an issue) because if this was not the tipping point for you it surely will come.

SA care is very different than family child care or an in home preschool, there are several reasons I am happy to not take SA kids and this is well mannered SA kids.... this one is not even that.
This is his last week THANKFULLY. He goes to a different school than what the bus route is for my house so I donít have to provide before and after school care for her. His grandparents gave me a small personal loan in exchange for childcare services for him because grandma was watching him and she couldnít do it everyday. It was starting to effect her health so Iím kind of stuck for next summer. 😩😩😩
Old 08-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
This is his last week THANKFULLY. He goes to a different school than what the bus route is for my house so I donít have to provide before and after school care for her. His grandparents gave me a small personal loan in exchange for childcare services for him because grandma was watching him and she couldnít do it everyday. It was starting to effect her health so Iím kind of stuck for next summer. 😩😩😩
Oh no

Tags
call for a pickup, consequences, parenting goals, pick up issues, sent home, sent home - bad behaviour, tantrum, working with friends