Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Center Director

Default Last Week!

Last week of distance learning with our school agers! I already feel relieved and its only Monday. Looking forward to a much-earned 3-day weekend coming up!

And then one more week of "school" for our preschoolers, and then its officially summer break! No lesson planning, just fun and spending most of our day outdoors every day. I'm so excited!!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yay!!

I, too, am counting down the days until distance learning is OVER!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm jealous.

We still have over two more weeks.
My 2nd grader has totally checked out of doing anything.
My 6th grader is in tears. She's an over achiever and gotten A's in every single class since Kindergarten. It's killing her that her ART teacher is giving her a B. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but with her world in upheaval, it's devastating to her.
Especially given it's the one thing she has always loved (art). Now she hates it.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Daycare.com Member

Aw Snowmom, this makes me SO SAD!

We technically have 2 more weeks (this week and next week) and then 3 days in June where we turn in supplies and pick up the personal items left in class from March 13th.

I only have a second grader in school. He has A TON of work. His main teacher gives about 2-3 hours per day, 1 full class zoom meeting and 2 reading group meetings per week... BUT then he has 6 other teachers (music, art, spanish, PE, tech lab, library) and it is a NON-STOP stream of work. The PE teacher especially has gone way overboard.

This week is supposed to be the final week of new material. Next week is just review and assessments. Not sure how it will be. I am working full time, so he is mostly on his own. LOL
Old 05-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20 View Post
Last week of distance learning with our school agers! I already feel relieved and its only Monday. Looking forward to a much-earned 3-day weekend coming up!

And then one more week of "school" for our preschoolers, and then its officially summer break! No lesson planning, just fun and spending most of our day outdoors every day. I'm so excited!!
You and me BOTH!

We have just this week and 2 days next week and that's it.

BUT...... teachers are REALLY pushing it

I can't wait until this BS is over!
Old 05-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Center Director

I'm just seriously sick of trying to stay organized and keep up with zoom meetings for 5 kids who are all in different grades the distance learning is annoying enough when each kid has completely different things, but this week I'm definitely experiencing that last-week fever because two meetings yesterday I accidentally signed the kids on late to I'm so excited for this to be over.

On the bright side, the three different species of milkweed that I cold-stratified in the fridge and grew from seeds are THRIVING and during nap time I finally get to transplant them into their outdoor pots and my caterpillars are close to chrysalis stage! Summer is COMING!
Old 05-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

Snow Mom what a jerk art teacher is. Seriously couldn't give the kid an A.Its art for G... sake ,during a pandemic no less.Grrrrr get over yourself.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

Our 15 year old was done last Friday, and our 13 year old is supposed to be done tomorrow, but he won't get all his work done. The school is grading Pass or Incomplete and I know he's getting Incomplete in at least 1 subject. Oh well, he had everything he needed to do it except the self-motivation.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:24 AM
Center Director

The day has come! Our last day of distance learning! Yay!
Old 05-22-2020, 10:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Congratulations!!!

Tags
covid-19, school closing