Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Taking Back An Old Client W/A Not So Great Family?
newtodaycare22 10:14 AM 07-19-2012
Have you done this before? I've done it in the past when a family lost their job and left....then returned a few months later.

This time, I had a dcg leave back in March. She gave me the required 2 weeks notice and she left on good terms, saying she simply couldn't afford me anymore. She was a sweet dcg and she needs to be in a preschool environment (she's 4), but mom put her in a cheaper place with all little ones.

Now, I don't miss the parents. They were slightly bipolar. Sometimes perfectly pleasant, other times I'd dread having to even see them at drop/off pick up. I had some problems with late payment and no call/no shows that messed up my meals. Shortly before she left, I put her on probation regarding all of those items and mom got her act together. For a month I had no problems...then she gave notice because of finances (which explains the late payment part).

Well, she wants her to come back now. She said finances have eased up and she wants her back in a learning environment. The girl already knows our routine, takes good naps, is generally well behaved-I do miss her. But the family-eh. Not so much. lol I'm weighing the annoyance of retraining another child against this though, because I do have someone else who wants the spot. A younger, 'just potty trained' kid (my kids are potty trained 2-5 year olds).

What would you do? Focus more on the kid and take her back? Or opt for a better family? In a perfect world I could have both
Up