Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Happy Day!!!
permanentvacation 11:02 AM 06-26-2014
The 17 month old that I have told you guys about has another issue that I haven't said anything about on here... She only sleeps for a max of 45 minutes then screams/cries/plays squealing with delight/ect. and makes a lot of noise for the rest of nap time which of course wakes everyone up and then they are all (except for the 17 month old) cranky and hateful for the rest of the day.

Today, I decided not to put her in the playpen for nap and I put her on the floor with everyone else. She slept, woke up, and has just been quietly looking around! YEAH!!! She's not screaming!!! She's NOT waking anyone up!!!
midaycare 11:13 AM 06-26-2014
Whoo hoo! I have an almost 2 year old who is about ready to transfer to a nap mat. She's a tricky one, though. She will run to play with toys instead of napping. I know her type She's getting too big for the pack and plays I have though.
TwinKristi 02:58 PM 06-26-2014
I had the exact same experience with my last DCB. Of course I figured that out like a month before he left for Jr Preschool. LOL He always woke up with a full scream! It drove me nutso! LOL I can understand crying, but screaming bloody murder? Ugh! DCM hated it too. She said her DD was a great sleeper and would quietly play in her crib cooing and amused by her surroundings but he always went from zero to ten with crying upon waking up and he wakes up early! Every morning!! Full scream!!
Reply Up