Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Have Websites
DaycareMama 06:47 PM 10-23-2010
Just wondering how many of you have websites? If you do, do you think it generates more business for you?
MommyMuffin 07:04 PM 10-23-2010
I have a website. I had a lot of fun creating it too! I can see how many hits I get each day and today 20 people have looked on my site. I am having trouble getting spots filled and I havent had any emails or calls for a while. So it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong.
Either way I think having a website is professional and can be another way to reach potential clients. I have my website printed on my buisness cards too.

I hope things start turning around for me soon..either way I dont think my website can hurt me.
QualiTcare 07:15 PM 10-23-2010
daycare mama, i just moved up an old thread asking this same question.
there were a lot of links in that thread to some good sites/pics if you want to check it out.

i'm sure some newer members might post more here, too!
misol 07:23 PM 10-23-2010
I have a website. I would say about 1 out of every 10 inquiries I get comes from my website. I have my website listed on my business cards, my flyers, my online advertisements, etc. Since my hit counter keeps going up but my calls don't seem to be, I am wondering if there is something on my site that is turning parents off. I don't have my rates listed so it's not that

Since most of my calls come from craigslist and my state's website, I can't say for sure that my site is generating more business for me but since it's so cheap to maintain, I'd rather have one than not.
DaycareMama 08:09 PM 10-23-2010
I just saw the post after I asked. There are some really great sights out there.
Most of my calls come from our local child care council referral agency. But I did invest in a sign for my yard that has gotten alot of attention. Sadly most calls are for babies 2 and under. I have these spots filled. One with my daughter.
I've been thinking about a car magnet too?! (On my husbands car tho since mine never leaves the driveway)
AmandasFCC 12:53 PM 10-24-2010
I have a website. The only time I see visitors is if I've posted it in a forum or on an ad. I don't think it's generated any more business for me. I did enjoy setting it up though.

It's sad, I've put sections for members only where I can post pics of the kids so only the parents have access to them and they haven't been viewed once.
Former Teacher 01:45 PM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
It's sad, I've put sections for members only where I can post pics of the kids so only the parents have access to them and they haven't been viewed once.
Yes it is sad. When I was teaching preschool, I had a free website from Scholastic for my classroom. I updated that darn site every Saturday (my own free time). For the first month I had MAYBE at best 15 views. I stopped doing it because I was tired of wasting my time.

I had a parent once asked me (months after I stopped updating it) if we had a website site. I told them yes but I was deleting because it was a waste of time etc..So I went home and thought I would check it. I had a whopping 18 views!

I deleted the site right then and there and I never worked on it again.
BentleysBands 03:49 AM 11-01-2010
just now seeing this...wanted to add mine out

http://luvinallmykdz.tripod.com
daysofelijah 04:41 AM 11-01-2010
http://amysandoverdaycare.webs.com/

I don't update it much anymore since I'm not taking on anymore kids. It was a good reference point to send people to before they came for an interview though.
TGT09 05:19 AM 11-01-2010
I have a website but I don't show up in search engines. I advertise it when I apply for jobs/business cards, etc.

ALL my parents have given me major compliments on it. Not to mention even if I'm not offering (or too far) from certain parents, they always say "your website is fantastic". I don't think it's something a lot of providers think about in my area. They all seem super impressed. I spent quite a lot of time on it but it was easy.

I used www.webs.com
Rachel 12:05 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:

I just have to say, I love your duckie bathroom!
Abigail 09:56 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:

Your site is hard to read because your background.
Tags:web site, website
Reply Up