Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default How Did You Raise Rates?

How did you raise rates on current families? Did you gradually add the money in each week? How did you talk to parents about it and how did the parents respond?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

I send out a 30 day notice of rate change.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Agreed, just give a notice.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Unknowingly, I was way under local rates. I sent home a newsletter telling families that I would be raising rates $5 a week every 6 months until I caught up with local current rates. All new dcfs came in at my new rate. It was a slow process but as of next week, I'll be caught up to local family dc rates. And all new dcfs are coming in at $10 more. I send out a reminder of increasing rates about a month beforehand.
Centers here charge way more, $200 a week. If a dcf prefers a small in home dc, then I would imagine they'll be happy paying 135, which is where I want to end up.
Nobody likes price increases but the families I have are respectful and appreciative. So $5 a week every 6 months is something they can swallow easier.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
How did you raise rates on current families? Did you gradually add the money in each week? How did you talk to parents about it and how did the parents respond?
I am sending home a notice next month and giving them a 30 day notice for the increase.I am raising 10 dollars a week on most families and one 20 a week.(they pay 10 less a week then my other families) I am prepared for some to possibly get upset.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:21 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

My contract states that fees will be evaluated each November 1. Notice of any changes will be given to parents by November 15 to take effect Jan 1. If I know I'm raising rates and it's fall/ late summer any new enrollment will start at the new rate.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:05 AM

I don't raise rates on current children but I do raise rates a few $'s (sometimes per week/sometimes per day) in the Fall so every new child coming into care gets a new rate.

The only time I've "edited" rates for current families was when I switched to billing according to pick up time and then only those families that picked up the latest had an increase in rates.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I don't raise rates on current children but I do raise rates a few $'s (sometimes per week/sometimes per day) in the Fall so every new child coming into care gets a new rate.

The only time I've "edited" rates for current families was when I switched to billing according to pick up time and then only those families that picked up the latest had an increase in rates.
We do the same here.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
We do the same here.
Same here as well

Tags
raising rates, rate increase