Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's Your Pre Daycare Schedule Like Every A.M.?
Josiegirl 04:41 PM 08-29-2013
Even though kids don't usually start arriving until 7:15 or so, I get up at 5:00 just to wake up, coffee, computer, outside pup time. Then at 7, I sweep the kitchen, vacuum the living room and do up any leftover dishes. I don't do much at night except hang out with the pups because the day used up all my energy.
Crazy8 04:52 PM 08-29-2013
summer has been pretty lazy but once school starts it will be back to the old schedule of getting up at 6am, grab a banana and my water, workout till about 6:45ish then get in the shower for dc kids arriving at 7:30. I used to be able to get in the shower after DD got on the bus but this year I have kids coming a few min. earlier so not sure how I'm going to work it - I hate being in the shower when she is out at the bus stop.
heyhun77 05:46 PM 08-29-2013
Get up about 5:15/5:30 am, shower, do my hair, start coffee, empty the dishwasher and make bottles for the day (2 infants), pick up things around the daycare areas of the house that got left out the night before (my own kids mostly), pull out items that get put away at night, wash/sanitize tables and counters, unlock door and turn on entry lights, start breakfast, make sure lunch items are prepped (I don't have a whole lot of time to make lunch so it all has to be ready to put in the oven or going in the slow cooker before the kids arrive). First kiddo comes at 6:30 but gets a bottle then back to sleep for a while so some of this gets done after she is back down. Next kids come at 7:30 and breakfast is at 7:45.

Nights I prep as much as possible for the next day, do the floors, make sure laundry is downstairs for the dh to wash, get the kids' homework done and ready for bed, pack lunches for dh and ds for the next day. I make sure the meals are entered into Minute Menu, do my bookkeeping and the daily cleaning.
Heidi 05:55 PM 08-29-2013
Summer...get up at 6:40, brush teeth and hair, put on clothes, fumble to the coffee pot (preset), let dog out, throw eggs in a pot of water for dh, sip coffee..first kid comes at 7. Then 7:30 the rest start trickling in.

Fall....get up at 6:30, do the same, except run the kids to the bus stop at 6:55 and get back before 7:00 kid comes.

I'm pretty low maintenance, can you tell? Showers at night and a ponytail help.
My workout is the daily walk pushing my cart with 75 lbs. of kids in it. 2 miles. Sometimes (when it's not 90 and 100% humidity) I fit in another 2 miles after they go home. Not really consistent about that, but I'm working on it.
Brooksie 05:57 PM 08-29-2013
Wow you guys are better than me!! Most of the DCKs get here between 7:30 (open) and 8:00. DD gets up between 6:-6:45. Depending on what time she actually gets up, we bring her in bed with me and my bf and then I get up and moving around 6:45, we're downstairs by 7:00, make breakfast (and coffee!!!!), eat and try to relax for a couple minutes before the kids start showing up. But good for you guys!! I tried to get up and work out before work a few days ago and am STILL exhausted from it... Normally I work out at nap time but thought getting an early start may be better for me... definitely was NOT. haha
jenn 06:40 PM 08-29-2013
I drag my hiney out of bed at 6:45, shower, get dressed, make up, fix hair.
My first 2 kids come around 7:15. I make sure the living room, dining room, and kitchen are ready before I go to bed. I do touch ups and pick ups in the play room while my first 2 eat breakfast.
Maria2013 06:44 PM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Even though kids don't usually start arriving until 7:15 or so, I get up at 5:00 just to wake up, coffee, computer, outside pup time. Then at 7, I sweep the kitchen, vacuum the living room and do up any leftover dishes. I don't do much at night except hang out with the pups because the day used up all my energy.
your "pre-daycare" looks a lot like mine but I get up at 5:30
LoraJenkins 06:46 PM 08-29-2013
OMG you Guys are SAINTS!!!! I wake up 20-30 minutes before my first little arrives, potty, dress, brush teeth, brush hair and grab some diet soda. That's pretty much it!!! So NOT a morning person!!!
LK5kids 06:49 PM 08-29-2013
Up at 5:00 the plan is to exercise....I really try

5:30 or 6:00 Run to local convenience store...coffee/cappuccino combo, pick up the paper if it's Monday or Wed. Bananas or milk or eggs if I need them.

6:15 go down the river front to drink my coffee..Mississippi River-bluffs, awesome scenery, mist, egrets, eagles-the calm before the day care storm! You'd be surprised how many people are down there in the morning.

6:30 shower, make-up, dry hair

7:00 vacuum, empty waste baskets, trash, diaper buckets

7:10 sit down to veg out with daycare.com & Facebook! The last few minutes of peace!

7:30 kids start to arrive!
crunchymama 07:07 PM 08-29-2013
I get up at 7:30, get dressed and pull hair into a pony, make coffee and unload dishwasher while waiting for coffee. Sit on the deck til first DC kiddo gets here--usually 7:45-8am. I am NOT a morning person. I spend a little time each night getting things ready for the next day--putting meals together in crock pot, cleaning up, showering, prepping activities, instead of getting up early to do it. I really really need to get motivated to get up earlier and get a little workout time in.
Childminder 07:17 PM 08-29-2013
Bless your little hearts . I get up at 5:55, potty, brush hair and teeth, get dressed and head to the fridge for a glass of ice water and my first one arrives at the door at 6:00.
Scout 07:28 PM 08-29-2013
On most days, get up at 6:10. Wash face, brush teeth, get dressed, unlock door! All by 6:25
Scout 07:29 PM 08-29-2013
of course I brush my hair too!!
BumbleBee 07:35 PM 08-29-2013
Up at 6:30, shower, dressed, brush hair and teeth, get coffee going, pick up anything from the night before, vacuum if I didn't do it the night before - if I did then I unload the dishwasher instead of vacuum. First arrival at 7:15am.
Familycare71 07:49 PM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Bless your little hearts . I get up at 5:55, potty, brush hair and teeth, get dressed and head to the fridge for a glass of ice water and my first one arrives at the door at 6:00.
Girl after my own heart!!!
I TRY to get up 15-20 min before the first dck arrives (7:15am). But I normally am doing well if I get up 10 min before... Dressed,Brush teeth, deodorant, hair up and my day starts- kiddos know only quiet play until 7:45ish while I have my coffee and get going-
I have tried so many times to be a morning person... But it is never gonna happen!
Cradle2crayons 08:01 PM 08-29-2013
I get up at 645 and get my own two kids ready for school and me and the two dogs drive them to school. Then I generally come home and grab a nap and do a little house work. A few days a week I get two sibling set in the am for moms second job, otherwise I don't get any kids until my own two and one sa of the three sibling set arrive on the bus at 330 then the rest of my day begins lol. En a few minutes later I get the rest of the three sibling set and the two others depending on schedule. I work until mid nights in fri and sat nights though. If that counts

I love my schedule. Is the best of BOTH worlds.

Today I had daycare off. And my husband is off from offshore. Today we went and traded in my Honda car for a brand new Honda pilot. I'm so stoked but exhausted. Will post a picture tomorrow. Sorry to hi jack the thread!!
caregiver 08:59 PM 08-29-2013
I get up at 5:45, jump in the shower, dry & curl hair,brush teeth and get dressed. I used to put makeup on, but don't bother now. The kids don't care if I am all made up and my DCP's are in & out so quick at drop off and pick up that they don't really care if I have any makeup on. Besides over the years makeup really makes my eyes water and sting lately, and I am constantly wiping my eyes, which gets them red and blotchy.
Then my kids start coming at 7:30. But before they come, I HAVE to HAVE my coffee. Sometimes I just finish getting ready at around 7:20, so cutting it close, but I am not a morning person either. I try to check email before they get here, but that sometimes doesn't happen if I am too slow.
Laurel 04:14 AM 08-30-2013
I get up at 5:30. Husband is up and we get dressed and talk while getting ready. He leaves and I leave for a 45 min. walk. I walk from 6:15 to 7:00. My first dck comes between 7:10 and 7:30 so I come here. I also do any last minute straightening of the house or leftover dishes. I eat breakfast with the daycare children at 8:00.

Laurel
JenNJ 05:14 AM 08-30-2013
Wake at 5:45am, take the dogs out for a walk. Come home, shower, eat breakfast. Get the kids up, dressed, and fed. Straighten up the kitchen, vacuum up any dog hair on the floors, wait for the bus with my older child as the dc kids arrive.
momofboys 06:14 AM 08-30-2013
I get up @ 6:15 - my DH is leaving for work then
Shower, blow dry hair - ready by 6:45ish
first child arrives @ 6:50
I drive him, my other kids & middle school child to school @ 7:15
Home from drop off @ 7:25 & next child arrives @ 7:30
I drive my younger kids to school @ 8:30
9:00-9:30- free play
9:30-10:15 - we play outside or go to the park (2 blocks from home)
10:30-craft or preschool learning
11:00 - Read books
11:20 - get lunch ready
11:30ish - eat lunch
12:15 - kids down for naps
Maria2013 06:25 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
OMG you Guys are SAINTS!!!! I wake up 20-30 minutes before my first little arrives, potty, dress, brush teeth, brush hair and grab some diet soda. That's pretty much it!!! So NOT a morning person!!!
my first kid arrives at 6:30 so I really only have 1 hr to slowly wake up, make breakfast for hubby and get myself and things ready
....I couldn't do all in 20-30mins, I'd be physically awake but mentally absent
Lianne 07:09 AM 08-30-2013
Ideally: Wake up at 5;30 with a smile on my face and lots of energy. Let the dog out, feed kittens, scoop litter boxes, shower, make my bed, get dressed, do my hair (brush it and toss some mousse in), make and enjoy coffee and breakfast while surfing online until the first kid arrives at 7am. Do some light housework (vacuuming, bathroom, etc) until the other arrive at 8:30.

Reality: Wake at 6:45, let the dog out, throw on yesterday's clothes, open the door for the 7am arrival. Feed the kittens, scoop litter boxes, wash up, brush teeth, change into clean clothes, make bed, start coffee and breakfast, wolf down breakfast as the 8:30 arrival pulls in the door, welcome the rest of the kids, drink cold and forgotten coffee. Shower at 10pm that night
SilverSabre25 07:11 AM 08-30-2013
Childminder was honest, so I will be too.

Right now DH leaves for work just after 8 AM and gets up around 6:45, usually with DS. My first kids arrive at "7:30" which is in reality closer to 8. DH greets them and gets them settled. This is when I wake up. I take a few minutes to get out of bed. Up, throw clothes on, hair in a ponytail or brushed and in a bun, glasses on...and hi! I'm ready for the day. Kind of.

I'm trying to shift to getting up at 7 or 6:45 and working out in the AM but it's HARD. I'm not a morning person and I deal with insomnia and stuff.
Cat Herder 07:40 AM 08-30-2013
I am usually up at 5, groan "already?? I just fell asleep!!!", risk my life waking up and micro-managing teens, hit the keurig once or twice, prepare breakfast/eat with my own kids/husband, find missing homework/shoe/tie/etc., gather/sort laundry from the floor next to the hampers , toss a load of colors in the wash, unload dishwasher/reload with breakfast dishes, feed/kick the ridiculously shedding dogs out back, find one random piece of dark laundry to place in the newly emptied laundry basket (to ensure I never feel quite done I assume ).

At 7 I send my kids/husband out the door to school/work, jump in the *cold* shower (see teens above), quick blow dry/pony tail/light makeup, vacuum/damp mop living room/kitchen/foyer (see dogs above), move colors to dryer/toss lights in washer, lunch prep, plate breakfast, sit down with hot cup of coffee for computer time (bills, email, FB, or here usually).

Dryer buzzer goes off, roll eyes/get back up, fold colors, open daycare play room door/set table/get morning books out, drink cold cup of coffee, greet/feed first arrivals at 8am.

That is when my *work* day begins....
Familycare71 09:46 AM 08-30-2013
Well... This explains why I'm always behind on everything! I'm sleeping through my "get stuff done" time!
Curious- what time do you 5 am risers go to bed??
Cat Herder 10:24 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Curious- what time do you 5 am risers go to bed??
10 pm, Sunday - Thursday...

For me the fast paced morning routine allows for my closing routine. THAT one is simple. 1. Close playroom door. 2. Eat dinner with family. 3. Relax
snbauser 10:33 AM 08-30-2013
I am up at 6:00. Get dressed, brush teeth and hair, come downstairs and turn on the coffee pot for dh and the teapot for me. Check email while I wait for tea water. Pour tea water and walk dog while tea is steeping. Check out message boards I follow and watch the news while drinking my tea until my first ones arrive typically just before 7:00. My 2 younger ones get themselves up at 7:00 and get dressed before coming downstairs for breakfast.
melilley 10:45 AM 08-30-2013
I wake up around 6:45, hop in the shower, get out, brush teeth, put on make-up, start the coffee, dry my hair. Then I pick up whatever was left out the night before, unlock the front door, sit down if there is time and get on the computer and drink my coffee. My first arrivals come anywhere from 7:30 to 7:55 and I start breakfast when the first child comes-they have to be here by 8 and some don't make it by then and I don't want to waste food so I wait-then I eat with them.

On school days I do the same, but wake my 10 year old dd up and sit and talk with her and make her breakfast instead of going on the computer.
Provider_Manda 10:51 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
You are not alone..This is total me..minus the diet soda
originalkat 01:01 PM 08-30-2013
I set my alarm for 6 and 6:30. At 6 I turn it off and curl up happily knowing I have 30 more minutes of sleep!! At 6:30 I grab my iphone while still in bed and go through my emails or Facebook which helps me wake up. At 6:40 I get up, put the laundry in the drier, jump in the shower, makeup, dressed, teeth, hair, and head to unlock the door at 7AM. Usually no one comes until 7:15.I open the blinds, make myself some breakfast, and sit down at my laptop at the kitchen counter. I can see right out to the driveway where the kids come in from this spot. Love it.
Michelle 02:19 PM 08-30-2013
5:00 a.m. -wake up
5:15 am- wake up again
5:30 a.m. - wake up for real
then get dressed/ready and beg dh to make coffee cuz I act like I don't know how to make coffee just to get out of doing it...
even went so far as overfilling the machine with water and it spilled everywhere... so it's his job now!

5:45 a.m. scoop up all phones, computers, valuables from LR room
then try to eat, drink coffee, watch news before first baby comes at 6 :00am
He will find whatever valuable I forgot in 5 seconds flat!
Then I make breakfast for everyone and off I go until 6:30 p.m.
Familycare71 02:57 PM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
5:00 a.m. -wake up
5:15 am- wake up again
5:30 a.m. - wake up for real
then get dressed/ready and beg dh to make coffee cuz I act like I don't know how to make coffee just to get out of doing it...
even went so far as overfilling the machine with water and it spilled everywhere... so it's his job now!

5:45 a.m. scoop up all phones, computers, valuables from LR room
then try to eat, drink coffee, watch news before first baby comes at 6 :00am
He will find whatever valuable I forgot in 5 seconds flat!
Then I make breakfast for everyone and off I go until 6:30 p.m.
THAT is a long day!!!
Michelle 03:03 PM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
THAT is a long day!!!
yea,
but we make up for it doing "super weekends" shopping, playing, and nonstop fun! I could have never done this before with just my dh's income
Patches 06:52 PM 08-30-2013
NOT a morning person. Roll out of bed at 6:20, get dressed, brush teeth, put hair up, sit in rocking chair on the computer until dcks start arriving at 6:30
Familycare71 08:22 PM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
10 pm, Sunday - Thursday...

For me the fast paced morning routine allows for my closing routine. THAT one is simple. 1. Close playroom door. 2. Eat dinner with family. 3. Relax
This makes me want to be a morning person!
providerandmomof4 01:45 PM 08-31-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I get up @ 6:15 - my DH is leaving for work then
Shower, blow dry hair - ready by 6:45ish
first child arrives @ 6:50
I drive him, my other kids & middle school child to school @ 7:15
Home from drop off @ 7:25 & next child arrives @ 7:30
I drive my younger kids to school @ 8:30
9:00-9:30- free play
9:30-10:15 - we play outside or go to the park (2 blocks from home)
10:30-craft or preschool learning
11:00 - Read books
11:20 - get lunch ready
11:30ish - eat lunch
12:15 - kids down for naps
I have adopted this schedule almost exactly since school has started, except I usually get up about 5:30 so I can sit and drink coffee for 30 mins or so and wake up. I used to have a later lunch and nap time but used to have later arrivals which I knew slept later. Now my arrivals are earlier and I think they are more than ready for nap at 12:15-12:30. Of course they don't sleep as late but that's okay cause I have to pick up ds at 2:00pm from school.
Tags:morning routine, morning schedule, pre-daycare schedule
Reply Up