Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holiday Weekend Funny - How Many Parents Forgot About Your Closing Next Week???
momofboys 02:10 PM 08-30-2013
Not sure how much clearer I can be! I only have a few families & they are all teachers. I gave each of them my schedule of closing dates (pretty much closed whenever my kids' school is closed) in late May & then gave each of them an additional copy 2 weeks ago. In addition, I wrote on each child's take-home note on Wednesday a reminder that I am closed Mon & Tues next week as per my closing schedule. Nothing like overkill, right?!?!

So today one parent (DCD) comes to pick up & says to my SA kids - enjoy your 3 day weekend. I mention that they get Tuesday off also (he teaches in a district where they are open on Tues). Then he asks - So you are still open Tuesday anyway, right?!? I nicely said no, I am closed. Your wife should know this (I wanted to say HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW?!) . I feel like it is NO EXCUSE that the DCD doesn't know. Annoyed. But it gave me a good laugh. I am sure the minute he got in the car he was calling or texting his wife asking - "Did you know the sitter is closed Tues????"
Dragonfly 11:14 PM 08-30-2013
I have really good parents but they do not read anything! Three of them admitted they didn't even read the handbook. And, of course, they're "surprised" when I'm closed. One dad showed up with his baby the day after Christmas, when I was closed (and still asleep!) I sent a list of closings for the whole school year, two months ago AND posted it on my front door. (Thinking how convenient it would be for them to plan ahead and mark the days on the calendar, etc). I sent a reminder yesterday and, of course, they "didn't remember"! I bet they remember when THEIR days off are! And I found out that one parent is off Mon but their 2 girls were going to be here. It breaks my heart that some people don't seem to want to spend time with their kids!
JoseyJo 07:54 AM 08-31-2013
Originally Posted by Dragonfly:
It breaks my heart that some people don't seem to want to spend time with their kids!
Me too That has to be my all time least favorite part of this job- seeing that over and over.
Tags:holidays, labor day, long weekend
Reply Up