Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes And A Compliment!
Sunchimes 02:04 PM 02-28-2012
Well, this has been an eventful day.

I had to term my last child to make room for a newborn sibling. I agonized over this for months because I like the parents so much. They worked odd hours and I didn't know how they would find anyone else to work those hours. I even contacted my state rep to see about a waiver. The guilt was awful. But, as it turned out, her hours were changed, the grandma has decided to retire in June to keep her, and there are no hard feelings. We are going to do drop in as available for the next 3 months.

I asked my other moms to work with me (they all work odd, variable hours too) so that we could get as many of the days covered as possible. They are more than happy to do that.

As it turns out, one mom is going to change jobs this month. In her current job, I never know from one day to the next when she will be here. She gets her schedule on Tuesday night, but it's nothing for them to call at 9 pm and tell her she's had a shift change for the next day. Drives all of us crazy! Now, she will be working 4 days on and 4 days off, so with a good calendar, I will know exactly what days are free. The bad part is that she will be working 12 hour days. sigh The termed parent worked 12 hour days, so I rejoiced when her schedule changed and I was back to 9 hour days. So, it's a trade off, but these things have a way of working out. She is hoping to get 5 to 5 instead of 7 to 7, and so am I. I would much rather get up at 4 am and get off at a normal time. There is something about working until 7 pm that is just exhausting.

The new schedule goes into effect the same week that my first dcg comes back with her new 6 week old brother after a more than 2 month maternity leave. That should make for a fun week!

But, as she was leaving, I was talking about how we missed dck while she is on a custodial visit with her dad this week. I said that she was such a part of the family now and it seemed off without her around. She said the baby loved us too and she had just been telling her mom how lucky she was to have found us. Aww, that's nice to hear. I'm going to try to remember that at the end of those 12 hour days! ;-)
Tags:compliment, new client, terminate
Reply Up