Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank You Re: One Nap Equals Grumpy
countrymom 03:01 PM 01-24-2012
I switched to giving the girl 2 naps, one when she got here and then an afternoon nap and she is so good. She has her moments here and there but nothing like before. She goes down in the morning without any problems, its so nice. BUT, she is now not wanting to go home. Today she was clinging to me with all her might. She wanted nothing with her dad, she was screaming hysterically when he buckled her up. Hmm, I wonder whats up (actually I have a feeling its dad)
wahmof3 03:58 PM 01-24-2012
I hope its nothing

I have kids like that. They cry when mom leaves then cling on to me screaming when mom picks them up because they don't want to leave. I think its pretty normal
daycare 04:11 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
I hope its nothing

I have kids like that. They cry when mom leaves then cling on to me screaming when mom picks them up because they don't want to leave. I think its pretty normal
99.9 % of my kids are like this.
Meyou 02:40 AM 01-25-2012
Yay! Glad to hear she's doing much better. It's amazing what that second nap can do to change their little personalities.

Mine go through phases where they cry at pickup. I just laugh it off, tell them they're silly and they'll be back tomorrow. It normally only lasts a few days.
cheerfuldom 06:18 AM 01-25-2012
so glad you took that advice. just make pickups as quick as possible. just because she has hard times at transitions, does not mean anything is going on at home. she's 1 right? thats part of the deal with toddlers.
countrymom 06:27 AM 01-25-2012
part of the problem is that dad is not really on board with taking care of his kid (I have another dcm--we are good friends, who sister is good friends with them, and dad brags how he doesn't do anything with her, he doesn't feed her or changes her that he leaves as soon as mom comes home) and her carseat is way too small. I mean by the time you put a coat on this girl and try and stuff her in an infant carseat she is hysterical.
Tags:grumpy
Reply Up