Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 7 8 9 10 11 19  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
MommyMuffin 06:55 AM 08-04-2011
Feeling Blessed!

Went rollerblading around the neighborhood and saw 2 home daycares. I went home and looked at their websites. They both have early child education education and have awesome seperate areas for their daycare.

They also both have openings for ALL ages! I have only a few openings. And I only have my living room and dining room. I am not a preschool teacher and dont do art projects as much as I'd like to.

So today I am feeling very blessed to have the dcp and kids that I do. I know others are struggling and I am trying to fill my 3 empty spots but looks like I'm doing a little better than average for my area!

This prompted me to contact a very sucessful wonderful provider in my hometown. I asked her what I could do to show appreciation to my dc families for choosing me. She hasnt gotten back to me yet but if any has any ideas let me know!
MG&Lsmom 05:06 PM 08-09-2011
Despite a lot of running around today and a few freak outs by a drop in kiddo, today was a fantastic day. We all had so much fun. I love my 2 yos! And I'm exhausted, but ready for tomorrow.
flightlessbird11 08:04 PM 08-15-2011
New baby 4mths started today. He was very cute, ate good and napped! All went well!
SilverSabre25 11:29 AM 08-17-2011
Maybe things are turning around! Two interviews scheduled for next week!! Crossing my fingers that one of them will work...
SilverSabre25 09:10 AM 08-22-2011
One interview today at 12:45 and the other at 6 PM tomorrow...and both have confirmed! I'm happy. I did a lot of work this weekend to get ready for these interviews and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll land the clients!

(And once I find functional batteries I'll take pictures of the handiwork :P)
E Daycare 11:38 AM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
One interview today at 12:45 and the other at 6 PM tomorrow...and both have confirmed! I'm happy. I did a lot of work this weekend to get ready for these interviews and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll land the clients!

(And once I find functional batteries I'll take pictures of the handiwork :P)
Yay! Hope it all goes well. This back to school year has been wonderful to me too as Im booked solid and have people knocking down my door.
familyschoolcare 08:56 PM 08-25-2011
telling me I asked DCB what his favorite part of the day was and he said going to Mrs. *****'s House and playing with DD.
learn-n-grow 10:08 AM 08-26-2011
One of toddler's that has been crying himself to sleep for almost a month now has finally fallen asleep without screaming his head off!
JaydensMommy 06:17 PM 08-26-2011
I truly have some of the best dcp's. I hear all of the horror stories on here about horrible parents and I feel so lucky! I have one mom that says Thank you a million times to me. Today she told me thank you for everything you do. I also had one of the dck's grandpa who always picks up tell me that he wanted me to know that he truly appreciates me and what I do and his grand daughter is thriving here with me. I love it and it makes me feel great to feel appreciated for all the work I put into my daycare Kids!!
sharlan 08:46 AM 08-31-2011
My 4:45 AM drop off didn't come this morning. I got an extra 2 hours sleep this morning.

The best part - Grandpa called last night to say that he was spending the night with them and they were taking him to school this morning.
pixsydust 07:54 AM 09-02-2011
With the holiday on Monday I have a three day weekend. I actually have more than one day off in a row!! WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it. lol On top of that, all my kids will be gone by 3:30 today!
beachgrl 10:37 PM 09-07-2011
I got some flyers made up, was able to put one and a stack of business cards at a local business where I just had some car repairs done and they offered to do that for me, also at a food place nearby that is super busy (owned by one of my pre k parents from my 1st class) and both are on same side of town as me so hopefully I'll get some calls! Hubby put some cards up at his college andnis going to check with a couple close gas stations about posting flyers. Got myncar magnet signs and love them and have a cpl people working on sign design for a sign form in front of my house, super busy road so that should help..fingers crossed and lots of praying for a few more kiddos to join us soon.
SilverSabre25 07:48 PM 09-09-2011
*gulp*

I'm excited.

I can hardly dare to believe it.

After responding to an email last week from someone who sounds absolutely PERFECT, I hadn't heard anything. Didn't hear anything all week. I wrote them off with a sigh.

Got an email from them tonight. She is talking things over with her husband and will get back to me asap. 3-almost-four-year-old girl to match my own DD, and a 5 year afternoon kindergarten girl--the same age as my DD's favorite cousin.

This sounds so fantastic; I can hardly dare to believe it. OMG...crossing my fingers...
sharlan 04:55 AM 09-12-2011
*gulp*

I'm excited.

I can hardly dare to believe it.

After responding to an email last week from someone who sounds absolutely PERFECT, I hadn't heard anything. Didn't hear anything all week. I wrote them off with a sigh.

Got an email from them tonight. She is talking things over with her husband and will get back to me asap. 3-almost-four-year-old girl to match my own DD, and a 5 year afternoon kindergarten girl--the same age as my DD's favorite cousin.

This sounds so fantastic; I can hardly dare to believe it. OMG...crossing my fingers...
I hope you get them.
sharlan 04:56 AM 09-12-2011
Yeah!!!!!!!

I actually slept until the alarm clock went off instead of waking up an hour early. Now as soon as my 4:45'r gets here, I'm curling up on the sofa and going back to sleep.
laundrymom 08:58 AM 09-12-2011
This post could go either way,... in the positive or vent thread,.. Im choosing positive. I have one kid who some times comes 30 min early, They ALWAYS have prior approval. Its no big dealToday I get a text 3 minutes from their "early" drop off time., Hey hope your up sorry but we need to drop off early this morning, I immediately text back, oh sorry just stepping in shower, Ill hurry. I heard them pull up,.. and idle in front of my house,...Waiting patiently for me to turn on porch light and open door about 5 min earlier then their regular time, Dad apologized for bothering me and totally was not upset. Whoo hoo!!! Backbone fever, Ive got it,.. want to share my illness>>?????? Could I have skipped the shower and ushered them in?? Yep. Did I?? NOPE! Go Me!!
momofsix 11:06 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
This post could go either way,... in the positive or vent thread,.. Im choosing positive. I have one kid who some times comes 30 min early, They ALWAYS have prior approval. Its no big dealToday I get a text 3 minutes from their "early" drop off time., Hey hope your up sorry but we need to drop off early this morning, I immediately text back, oh sorry just stepping in shower, Ill hurry. I heard them pull up,.. and idle in front of my house,...Waiting patiently for me to turn on porch light and open door about 5 min earlier then their regular time, Dad apologized for bothering me and totally was not upset. Whoo hoo!!! Backbone fever, Ive got it,.. want to share my illness>>?????? Could I have skipped the shower and ushered them in?? Yep. Did I?? NOPE! Go Me!!
I'm sooo impressed, good for you!!!
laundrymom 11:30 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I just got text from mom apologizing again. And thanking me for being me.
sharlan 05:40 AM 09-13-2011
I overslept this morning, something I never do. I came downstairs to find a message on my cell phone that my 4:45'r was running late. Dad took the time to call me.

This parent is a single father and I expected lots of problems. So far, everything has been great on his end. The child is clean and well cared for. His clothes come clean and neatly folded every morning.
Cat Herder 03:57 PM 09-13-2011
One of my DCM's told me how her bedtime routine went last night....

DCM: "I love you to the moon and back. Kisses?"

DCB: "I love MRS. *** (me). Hugs, too???"

She said she was relieved to see what books we read on his daily sheet.

She inadvertently read him the same "goodnight" book I had used for naptime yesterday. I ended with "Kisses and Hugs, too?" while I tucked the crew in.
Cat Herder 10:47 AM 09-15-2011
Thank You Mother Nature!!!

Just as I was laying my DCKids down, had given the very last kiss.... the clouds rolled in, the room went dark and there is a nice, cool breeze blowing.

I opened all the windows to air out the room and it feels SO AMAZING!!!
DCMom 10:55 AM 09-15-2011
Gorgeous fall weather and I (unexpectedly) only 5 of 9 kids today and 4 of 8 kids tomorrow! All of them are two and older, so today was the park all morning and tomorrow we are going to go to the apple orchard.

I love it when we can do unplanned fun things
momofsix 11:01 AM 09-15-2011
My dd is coming home today for 10 days!!!!! She'll fly in about 11 tonight! Just got off the phone w/ her and she's about too board in Tegucigalpa She's stationed in Honoduras for a year and is loving it-but it will be so good to see her
laundrymom 11:08 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
My dd is coming home today for 10 days!!!!! She'll fly in about 11 tonight! Just got off the phone w/ her and she's about too board in Tegucigalpa She's stationed in Honoduras for a year and is loving it-but it will be so good to see her
So happy for you!!!! Enjoy your time!!!
mema 07:27 PM 09-15-2011
This isn't daycare related, but thought I'd share anyway. I went to a wake last night and waited for 1-1/2 hours to get thru the line. She had touched the lives of sooo many people! It was great to see the turn out! If everyone can touch the lives of even 1/8 the people she did, the world would be an awesome place
sharlan 06:38 PM 09-16-2011
My 4 yo has texture/sensory issues. The last time I tried playing with shaving cream and paint, he gagged and choked. Today he played with it for an hour. Yea!!!!!!
MyAngels 12:02 PM 09-20-2011
I have the sweetest baby in my daycare right now. Rarely cries, always smiling, breast fed and takes the bottle perfectly, sleeps soundly and doesn't mind the noise and commotion of the other kids. Simply wonderful .
mema 11:30 AM 09-22-2011
Glad I stuck it out with my 1 yo crier. He only cries for 10 min at rest time now and then konks out. Which makes him happier and everyone else too! That awesome smile and laugh now comes out more
justgettingstarted 05:17 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Francine:
I did something that I have never done before, I played hooky from my job today to get stuff ready for my daycare and do you know what, it felt GREAT! I suppose I should feel guilty but I'm so over my job I really don't.
I did the same thing today! And it did feel GREAT!

I get my license (hopefully) in a week and I've played my resignation speech to my boss over in my head about 5 million times
MommyMuffin 09:26 AM 09-23-2011
My husband is awesome and would make a better daycare provider than I do. Today I was feeling a little overwhelmed and he tells me, "You are trying to hard, pushing yourself too hard. You are not a preschool teacher, and you dont have to try to be, just play with them, paint, watch a movie and have fun."

He is so sweet and always makes me feel better.
tbutler 11:51 AM 09-23-2011
DCG3 has had three accidents in the month that she has been with me. She had an accident (#1) during center time this morning on my carpet/foam tile. I smiled the entire time while I was thinking that this now puts me 30 minutes off schedule as I wash her up and change her clothes, sanitize foam tiles, spray and shampoo my carpet, and start lunch while saying to myself " I LOVE MY JOB"! Happy Friday everybody!
MommyMuffin 05:44 AM 09-27-2011
This morning my daughter and my husband were cuddling and she (3 yo) goes, "Daddy, we live happily ever after...in this house."
It was just so cute the way she says it.
themoorethemerrier 07:51 AM 09-27-2011
I unexpectedly have no dc kids until Thursday (and they're all healthy, which is nice for them, too!) I am spending the day purging the house, getting more paperwork done, and gleaning from you all! Not too mention time alone with my kids... *sigh*
MarinaVanessa 01:53 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by themoorethemerrier:
I unexpectedly have no dc kids until Thursday (and they're all healthy, which is nice for them, too!) I am spending the day purging the house, getting more paperwork done, and gleaning from you all! Not too mention time alone with my kids... *sigh*
I am so happy for you!! It's so nice when you have a pleasant break!
laundrymom 06:19 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
This morning my daughter and my husband were cuddling and she (3 yo) goes, "Daddy, we live happily ever after...in this house."
It was just so cute the way she says it.
That is one of the most loving things I've ever heard. Thank you for sharing.
Heidi 11:37 AM 09-28-2011
It's 65 and sunny , the kids are napping, and I am sitting on my porch typing on my new favorite web forum. There are birds twittering around (no really, not like snow-white, but my yard is full of them).

To top it off, my neighbors dropped off a bunch of fresh zuchinni. Chocolate Zuchinni cake project Friday!!!
familyschoolcare 12:53 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
Chocolate Zuchinni cake project Friday!!!
Sounds yummy can you share the recipe?
Cat Herder 01:00 PM 09-28-2011
All my DCK's are gone very EARLY.

That has NEVER happened in my career.

Thank you "Local Monster Church" for hosting the free flu shot clinic!!!!!!

("Monster" refers to it's size. almost 3 blocks.)
sharlan 01:21 PM 09-28-2011
I've complained often about my one 8 yo boy. I wanted to go to a restaurant for lunch yesterday, Lucille's Smokehouse. He gets out at 12 on Tues. Walking home, I told him that we were going to lunch and I expected perfect behavior, please and thank you to the waiter, order what you want off the kids menu but eat what you order, etc.

His behavior was very good. He was able to order for himself (using please and thank you), he ate most of what he ordered (ate his watermelon first so was too full to eat all of his cheeseburger). I had to quietly say his name once when he started to get fidgety and remind him once to use his napkin once when he wiped his hands off on his pants.

I was very pleasantly surprised.
Heart2Heart 03:20 PM 09-29-2011
Got my first inquiry today which turned into a tour!!! Hopefully the tour will lead to my first child!!! Soo nervous and excited
sharlan 05:21 PM 09-29-2011
I was chosen to go on my grandsons' fieldtrip to the LA Fair today. So many parents signed up that it looked like I wasn't going to be needed after all.

My favorite little girl's mom nor big brother showed up to go as planned. She was sooo devastated. I asked her if I could go to the fair with her. You could tell that I wasn't her first choice, but she shook her head yes.

We read a book I brought about farm animals and played "I Spy" on the bus. It was good to see her smile and be happy.

Unfortunately while we were at the fair, she got bit by a chicken. She cried and cried until I pulled a bandaid out of my purse, no more tears. Then in the restroom, one of the workers pushed open the stall door and smacked her in the head, again more tears.

On the way home, she was happy and cheerful as we took turns reading the farm book to each other and asking questions.

After I took her back to the classroom, she gave me a big hug and ran off to eat her lunch.
dave4him 07:04 PM 10-12-2011

Figured out my baby boy can say cheese!
Watching my baby girl crawl around the corner and say ELMO upon hearing the Sesame Street theme song... least it sounded like Elmo
SilverSabre25 01:39 PM 10-13-2011
Long weekend FTW!!

And my 4 month old got himself up onto hands and knees a little while ago He also has between 2 and 4 teeth getting ready to pop through. Let's hope that happens SOON.
awestbrook713 03:51 PM 10-13-2011
Been feeling a little down since I wasn't getting many call backs for childcare and the ones I did I had to turn away because they had more kids then I had spots. Well one of the moms that called called me back again last night and asked if I still had the one full time position and I told her yes. She came for an interview after work today and I have a new 4 yr old dcb starting november. He seems very sweet and well behaved. Today was a good day!!!
dave4him 07:02 PM 10-17-2011
Got a call from the star program director and told me as soon as i get the permit, she will get me the star! So im excited now i just need to get the permit and will be ready to en ROLL
laundrymom 10:05 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Got a call from the star program director and told me as soon as i get the permit, she will get me the star! So im excited now i just need to get the permit and will be ready to en ROLL
Awesome!! So exciting!
Nellie 06:07 AM 10-20-2011
One of my daycare families brought me a bouquet of flowers this morning and a gift of chocolates, fancy soaps and lotions. This couldn't have been a better time because I have been feeling a bit unappreciated lately. All of my families have been there same great selves, but just feeling a little low maybe. I was told how lucky they were to have found such a great provider. Nice way to start out the morning.
SilverSabre25 07:08 AM 10-20-2011
I vented over on the venting thread. I feel better Maybe now I can face the day (and all the stuff that needs done) with a smile on my face.
familyschoolcare 07:34 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Nellie:
One of my daycare families brought me a bouquet of flowers this morning and a gift of chocolates, fancy soaps and lotions. This couldn't have been a better time because I have been feeling a bit unappreciated lately. All of my families have been there same great selves, but just feeling a little low maybe. I was told how lucky they were to have found such a great provider. Nice way to start out the morning.
Sounds like they listened to the holy spirit. Glad you got the "pick me up" you needed.
2ndFamilyDC 12:00 PM 10-20-2011
After reading the book "The Baby Whisperer" last weekend I tried her ideas for getting a baby to sleep. I have a 3 1/2 mth old who I just could not get to nap here in the afternoon. He now goes down for a nap about 30 minutes after my other kids do and sleeps for 2 - 3 hours. YAY!!
Now I just have to work on moving his nap to be the same as my other kids.

I am happy though.
themoorethemerrier 02:38 PM 10-20-2011
There was alot of laughter and hugs in this house today. I was reminded that the mood for the day really is basically set on me. It seems that I have to learn that every week!

Feeling blesssed!
SilverSabre25 02:27 PM 10-23-2011
DH GOT A JOB!!!

He got a new job, and we couldn't be happier.

He was going to be laid off in December, and finally started looking for a new job--he got a call Thursday (just 24 hours after applying at the place) and the guy on the phone was trying REALLY hard to get DH to take the job. They REALLY want him because of his experience. He went in for an interview and was hired pretty much on the spot on Friday!! The hours are a bit annoying (second shift) but he might be able to move to a "normal" shift in 6 months or so. He's making as much at the new job as he did at the old one--which is saying a LOT because he is STARTING the new job at the same amount he's making at a place after 5 YEARS.

THE BEST PART: the training for this new job starts on October 31 and is second shift also; he asked his old/current job if he can switch hours and work in the morning and they said yes! So for 7 weeks, DH will be working two jobs essentially, but getting the $$ for both of course. THEN because he'll be at the current job through the lay-off date...he'll still get the severance money!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!
Blackcat31 08:01 PM 10-23-2011
DH GOT A JOB!!!

He was going to be laid off in December, and finally started looking for a new job--he got a call Thursday (just 24 hours after applying at the place) and the guy on the phone was trying REALLY hard to get DH to take the job. They REALLY want him because of his experience. He went in for an interview and was hired pretty much on the spot on Friday!! The hours are a bit annoying (second shift) but he might be able to move to a "normal" shift in 6 months or so. He's making as much at the new job as he did at the old one--which is saying a LOT because he is STARTING the new job at the same amount he's making at a place after 5 YEARS.

THE BEST PART: the training for this new job starts on October 31 and is second shift also; he asked his old/current job if he can switch hours and work in the morning and they said yes! So for 7 weeks, DH will be working two jobs essentially, but getting the $$ for both of course. THEN because he'll be at the current job through the lay-off date...he'll still get the severance money!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!
Congrats Silver! (well to you, DH and family)!! With all the tough things you have going on right now (dishwasher, basement) it is wonderful to see that little spark of hope still be there!! I am sure this is just the beginning of how things are going to work out okay for you! Glad things are looking up!!
sharlan 08:05 PM 10-23-2011
DH GOT A JOB!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!
Fantastic news.

Make sure he doesn't "share" his good fortune with anybody. I would hate for them to figure out a way to get rid of him so they don't have to pay the severance.
laundrymom 09:32 AM 10-24-2011
That is awesome!!!!!!
I'm so happy!!!
Talk about a " silver" lining!
DH GOT A JOB!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

SilverSabre25 03:03 PM 10-24-2011
Thank you!!!!

We are so thrilled; I still can hardly believe it.
Sugar Magnolia 11:56 AM 11-14-2011
I won 2nd place in the amatuer division of the Master's Crystal Sand Sculpting Contest!!!! WhoHoo!! And I entered as a business, so over 5000 people saw the name of my school!
Sunchimes 06:13 PM 11-14-2011
Congratulations!!! Sounds like fun!
sharlan 08:50 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I won 2nd place in the amatuer division of the Master's Crystal Sand Sculpting Contest!!!! WhoHoo!! And I entered as a business, so over 5000 people saw the name of my school!
Congratulations.
momofsix 07:18 AM 11-15-2011
My DH finished a box of oatmeal today. He filled it with newspaper and used packing tape to tape it all up and brought it down to the dc to use in our grocery store! Wasn't that sweet of him!
It's the little unexpected thoughtful things like this that make me feel loved and smile! (yeah, I'm a simple kind of girl-I don't need diamonds, just an empty box of oatmeal!)
momofsix 07:20 AM 11-15-2011
DH GOT A JOB!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!
So happy for you!
momofsix 07:20 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Awesome!!! What was your sculpture? Pictures???
Sugar Magnolia 09:51 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Awesome!!! What was your sculpture? Pictures???
Drip castle complex (my specialty),10 towers over 4' tall, 10 towers 3' tall, all lined with spires and small towers, stairs carved. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do pictures here.
kayla 01:10 PM 11-15-2011
my problem child here at daycare brought a smile to my face when he told me he likes everything i make.. lol
Cat Herder 04:31 AM 11-17-2011
Today is the day I have been looking forward to for 18 months.....

I no longer have any child under 12 months. (for a few months at least )

All PNP's leave the playroom to storage, no more formula mixing/storage, no more double menu planning/recording/logging, one daily sheet format, no updating infant feeding plans and no more double curriculum plans!!!

Ah, and right before the holidays. Could it have been planned better? I love it when things work themselves out.
SilverSabre25 04:53 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Today is the day I have been looking forward to for 18 months.....

I no longer have any child under 12 months. (for a few months at least )

All PNP's leave the playroom to storage, no more formula mixing/storage, no more double menu planning/recording/logging, one daily sheet format, no updating infant feeding plans and no more double curriculum plans!!!

Ah, and right before the holidays. Could it have been planned better? I love it when things work themselves out.
aw, cat awesome! Enjoy your little break!
SilverSabre25 11:28 AM 11-21-2011
With the exception of a single filthy sock I just unearthed from underneath the dryer, there is NO laundry of ANY kind in my laundry room!!! This is an amazing accomplishment.

All the clean laundry is even folded and will soon be put away!!!!!!

Let's not talk about the week's worth of dirty laundry and sheets and towels that need gathered and taken downstairs.

So, it's a short-lived victory.
Cat Herder 10:09 AM 11-22-2011
One of my DCM's tagged me in their Christmas Card family photo (fb) as their "Guardian Angel" on the tree topper.
Sunchimes 12:11 PM 11-22-2011
When I got into this earlier this year, I had no idea that parents would sign contracts with home care providers-I thought that was only for centers. I had no idea that you could ask them to pay for days they weren't here!! So, not very professional, huh.

Luckily, it hasn't really been an issue yet. This morning, one of my mom's came to pay me. She pays every 2 weeks, one week behind, one in advance. I only had her baby 2 1/2 days last week and won't have her at all this week. I wasn't expecting but one weeks pay, since we had never discussed it. I was stunned when she paid me for this week. Yea for appreciative moms!!
AmyLeigh 12:42 PM 11-23-2011
Only one dcg here, the little one! The boys all get to spend time with their parents. Yay! And my kids went to spend some time with their grandparents. Double Yay!
It was nice getting to spend some one on one time with the dcg. I don't get to play with her without interruptions from jealous people, namely my 3 yo dd! Now it is naptime and instead of cleaning, I am going to sit down to watch something on Netflix.
By the way, my mood is much better today than it was yesterday. The sun is literally and figuratively out from behind the clouds.
SilverSabre25 07:17 PM 11-28-2011
DH is currently working 14 hrs/day, 5 days/week. I expected it to be hard, I expected to be grouchy and exhausted, I expected that I would be fighting through each day...

but I'm not.

The house is cleaner than ever. I'm happy with how things are going. The kids have adjusted and are easier than ever. I'm decluttering and cleaning and keeping things neat is almost effortless.

I made a decision the first day DH had this schedule, that I would have to change my tune and step it up in order to survive these seven weeks. We're over halfway through now and I have to say...we're more than surviving-- we're thriving.

How can I be so content and happy with DH working such long hours? How can things be so much cleaner and neater without him around all the time?
Michael 03:42 PM 12-02-2011
I've moved 31 Days of Positive to https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...d=1#post173084
janealb 09:03 AM 12-05-2011
I had the kids draw something for Santa and one of the 5yr-old girls drew all the things that she wants Santa to bring this year: they entailed an apron for me cause she knows I like to cook
laundrymom 12:05 PM 12-05-2011
Today I received the highest rating level for a family childcare in my state. I'm so excited and happy its over!!! Lol.
Sunchimes 12:26 PM 12-05-2011
Laundrymom, that's terrific!!! I'll bet it was an enormous undertaking for you. Congratulations!!
SilverSabre25 12:48 PM 12-05-2011
My daughter fell asleep (VERY rare) and my son is asleep in his bed. All the dcks are asleep. It's a rainy day, the house is peaceful and quiet, and I'm just veging on the computer. It's the little things in life.
erinalexmom 12:48 PM 12-05-2011
It was a good day overall. But I will say that today I was able to pick my son up from preschool, go to the grocery store for a couple things I needed for supper and cook my supper. All while "on the clock" not too many jobs where you can do your personal errands on company time
lisa@tinytots 10:12 AM 12-06-2011
Today I found out the most difficult DCB I have is going down to 1 day per week instead of 2. I know this sounds mean but I am so glad cause he is sooooo hard!
Cat Herder 11:34 AM 12-06-2011
One of my DCM's put me on a local prayer list, "Giving Thanks" it was called. It seems it was meant for those who "Are not Thanked enough for their invaluable contributions to the community."

I received several Thank You cards in the mail to my P.O. box from local residents telling me how much they appreciated everything I do for our community. My postwoman brought them to my house anyway...

How sweet was that? My mascara is on my chin, now....

I may have to pay this one forward and have the kids make some Christmas cards to send out to seniors in the community, too....
Sunchimes 12:09 PM 12-06-2011
That's one of the nicest things I've heard in a long time. I want to live where you live! Sounds like a lot of really nice people.
caring4kidsinSD 12:09 PM 12-06-2011
just got a call - New family is very interested!!! Love when current familes refer people to me Only problem is they want preschool also - don't have an extra chair to put around the table - Hmmm no where local to buy preschool sized chairs - Oh well I'll deal with that
PghGurl 06:49 PM 12-07-2011
A good thing that happened for me today si that I got my license. I am so excited, it has been eight months in the making lol. Now I just need to get some kids. lol.
Michael 06:51 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by PghGurl:
A good thing that happened for me today si that I got my license. I am so excited, it has been eight months in the making lol. Now I just need to get some kids. lol.
Congratulations!
PghGurl 08:51 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Congratulations!
Thank you Michael
laundrymom 10:08 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by PghGurl:
Awesome!!!!! Sent Santa a letter!! ;-).

Just kidding, hope you fill up fast!!
mema 12:22 PM 12-16-2011
Today is Friday!!! I had 2 leave early, 1 had the day off, 2 are napping beautifully and they are also leaving early!!! That means I can pick my kids up afterschool and go for some ice cream
MNMum 08:36 AM 01-23-2012
My 9 yo is running the daycare today! She is painting fingerprint animals with the toddlers - her idea!
Countrygal 04:26 PM 01-23-2012
First parent meeting and first "Theme Day". All went GREAT - lots of fun all around and a general good time was had!!!

Congrats to all the great posts above!
Michelle 03:43 PM 01-25-2012
My daughter is going to be on T.V. !
KCET is filming next week at a local Museum and they asked her to come "play" while they film!
Sharlen: pm me if you want to take your kiddo's You have to be there at 5 A.M.
greenhouse 12:58 PM 01-30-2012
Young dcb taught my son to say "car"- we've been trying forever, he's 2. Something about hearing it from another baby I guess!
Cat Herder 12:53 PM 02-03-2012
I am SUPERMAN!!!

3yo DCB said so....

Today's curriculum is hot, cold, circles and round.

Not only did I make melon balls, meatballs, circle banana slices and a cheese ball WITH circle Ritzs Crackers..... I had round scented bubbles

Now what part of today do you think elicited such GLOWING praise??

The Mini-Nilla Wafers DH gave them while I was mopping......

Eh, whatever, I'll take it!!! I look forward to telling DH when I asked where DCB got them he said that "your daddy gib it to me"....
kidkair 02:35 PM 02-03-2012
I'm on vacation! First one since last May! I also sent out letters about increasing my rates with new contracts and a newsletter. I also totally set up the daycare for after my vacation so I don't have to do anything daycare related for all of next week! I'm so excited and pleased with myself.
Countrygal 10:18 AM 02-04-2012
Catherder - sounds wonderful! And I agree, take praise where you get it!

kidkair - good for you!
Cat Herder 01:52 PM 02-09-2012
I am done an HOUR early today!!

Dinner is ready. Laundry is done and put away. House is clean and ready for tomorrow...

and..... my own kids have NO homework and are out hanging with friends at the zipline

I get to enjoy an hour with NOTHING that has to be done, now...
Blackcat31 01:56 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I am done an HOUR early today!!

Dinner is ready. Laundry is done and put away. House is clean and ready for tomorrow...

and..... my own kids have NO homework and are out hanging with friends at the zipline

I get to enjoy an hour with NOTHING that has to be done, now...

...you deserve it!!
greenhouse 03:53 AM 02-10-2012
It is finally Friday and AMEN. Whatta long week.
Country Kids 06:58 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
It is finally Friday and AMEN. Whatta long week.
Its been a long week every week since Christmas break it seems! Spring cannot get here fast enough!
MrsB 07:31 AM 02-16-2012
So I have had 2 openings for a couple weeks. Last week I reposted one of my CL ads and had no responses accept a few that needed an infant spot (no infant spots available). Yesterday at lunch I reposted the ad, I have had 16 responses and 8 tours setup!

So excited. Now I can hire my housekeeper back to scrub my toilets and showers again! woohoo!
Countrygal 10:39 AM 02-20-2012
Honestly, I always end up at the bottom of the page and my posts don't get read.

But seriously, I am greatly encouraged today. My venture here into daycare-land is just really working out well for me. I have two full timers and one more who is hoping to be full-time, and all three of them want me through preschool! My biggest passion is teaching the little ones, so this has worked out sooooo wonderfully for me! PTL!! So, technically, I am pretty much full, or hopefully soon will be.

Next step is looking into Licensing, but honestly, am debating whether it is worth the time and money to be able to take in one or two more. It's not like there's a waiting list..... And I know I am reaching my own personal limit with the 3 dck and my gs. One or two would be all I could personally handle.

But overall, I am just encouraged by this venture like I have not been by anything else in recent years! I know I am in the right place and doing the right thing. Nothing else feels that good.

I also feel really blessed to be on this site! I get so many great suggestions and ideas on here! Where WOULD I be without you guys???
Countrygal 05:29 AM 02-23-2012
I'm full!! Now I need to go for licensing as well as certification - I just can't get past the six months of drudgery to get there
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 7 8 9 10 11 19  ... Last
Reply Up