Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How's Your Post-Holiday Monday?
SilverSabre25 08:35 AM 07-07-2014
Mine is full of whining, crying, fussing, and we're doing lunch and naps an hour early...
hope 08:46 AM 07-07-2014
Early naps here. Wish I could nap also!
jenboo 08:48 AM 07-07-2014
Only 1 child here so far!!!! The other two are an hour later than normal and still counting
sally 08:52 AM 07-07-2014
Only 1 kid today besides my own 2 and we're having a blast. Had a water fight this morning and plan on having snow cones this afternoon.
Shell 09:07 AM 07-07-2014
Ugh- it's been a rough morning. Gross diapers, likely from poor eating all weekend, a few have runny noses, and my own are exhausted. Did i mention I have a tour in 10 minutes?! Great
midaycare 09:17 AM 07-07-2014
I'm still light on kids since losing 3, so only 1. Bit she came exhausted! Early morning nap turned into 3 hours. Yes!
craftymissbeth 09:34 AM 07-07-2014
Mine are back from being closed all last week...

today I have a 7 month old who is furious that I don't hold him all day

And a 2 year old whose dad told me this morning that he's so happy I'm open again because she's been a disaster all week

We'll get through this.
Annalee 09:47 AM 07-07-2014
I only have 2 this morning and I had a hard time keeping them awake....they both went to sleep right after lunch.....I had a great last week...wed thru sat at the river....done lots of walking (alone), swimming, watching my boys and nephews fish which helped me re-energize for this week...another 3 day week the last week of this month as it is the last weekend before school starts.
Josiegirl 10:23 AM 07-07-2014
It's been going okay so far. Got outside for a fair amount of time this a.m. and 2 out of my 7 kids are sleeping. My 2 sibs that are the most challenging haven't disappointed me in that respect today.
We spent about an hour working on a paper mache mountain and they really got into that. It's Pike's Peak in Colorado. They asked if they could make a train to go up it too....hmmm, not sure if we're that talented.
Christina72684 10:29 AM 07-07-2014
3 still aren't asleep, 3 fell asleep right away, and 3 are out sick!
NightOwl 10:30 AM 07-07-2014
Tired kids = early naps, even for the ones who NEVER nap! These kids must have had super busy weekends.
Heidi 10:31 AM 07-07-2014
12 mo was grouchy from the get-go. Tired today, mom said.

18 month olds were great until 11:05. They are officially on 1 nap starting today, and that last stretch while I was prepping lunch was rough. Now all is quiet. T

SSWonders 11:03 AM 07-07-2014
Seems like a doctor's office here. Of the four I have on Mondays, one is out with hand, foot and mouth disease, another went home around 11 with hand, foot and mouth disease, a third is starting to break out with hand, foot and mouth disease and the fourth just went home because they wouldn't be around to pick up later so had to pick up early.
melilley 11:09 AM 07-07-2014
My day is going great! My 2.5 yo challenging dcb isn't here today, wasn't here part of last week all and sad to say, but it's been wonderful! He won't be here all week either. The only problem I'm having is with my ds. He didn't even nap for an hour!
SilverSabre25 11:12 AM 07-07-2014
I'm hoping for extra long naps from the littlest people. I found out that my biggest dck has been cleaning up toys in the living room before lunch by shoving them all underneath the couch...that made me seriously grumpy at him. Apparently clean up time has to be supervised for awhile now, which means lunch will be pushed later. Isn't that lovely?

I can't wait for school to start...
BumbleBee 11:14 AM 07-07-2014
Kids are ok. Tired, but doing alright behavior wise.

Found out new dcm was the former high school bully. Also found out 3 of her former victims are current dcm's here. *sigh*
SilverSabre25 11:15 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:

Found out new dcm was the former high school bully. Also found out 3 of her former victims are current dcm's here. *sigh*
Yikes! That's a bit drama-riffic...
permanentvacation 11:32 AM 07-07-2014
My day is BEAUTIFUL!! My 17 month old actually slept for 2 hours and now is just laying there quietly while the others are continuing to sleep!!!!

This morning went beautifully with no fighting, no tattling, and no taking of toys, it's been a glorious day here!
melilley 11:34 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:

Oooh. Hopefully she has grown up since then!
sharlan 11:48 AM 07-07-2014
Tattling, whining, bugging each other, and on and on.

I don't have the patience to deal with it, either. I've been sick for the last week and didn't even get out of bed on Sat.

Naptime is in 10 mins. YEAH!
preschoolteacher 11:51 AM 07-07-2014
A surprise visit from the food program! I had no problems though.

Nap started great, and we will be outside all afternoon!
SignMeUp 11:54 AM 07-07-2014
Parent of two came in after they took a week off and said neither one naps anymore. One is five and I have not napped him for a while. Other one just turned three and there is no way
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
A surprise visit from the food program! I had no problems though.

Nap started great, and we will be outside all afternoon!
I had a visit with my food rep this morning too!

Did you get the cookbook or is that something specific to my agency?
(I'm with Child Care Choices)
SignMeUp 12:32 PM 07-07-2014
I had my FP visit week before last, but no cookbook. Got a book about a broccoli loving superhero kid Maybe I am too particular about children's books, but this was not a good book
Do you get tattoos? (for the kids! not for you )
TwinKristi 12:38 PM 07-07-2014
So far so good! Only 2 that aren't mine today. New baby's first full day! Slept for 40 mins in the PNP which is pretty good for a cosleeping breastfed baby who doesn't sleep in a crib! My DS doesn't nap either so it's all good. She's playing quietly while my DS watches a movie. I'm going to try and eat soon!!
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
I had my FP visit week before last, but no cookbook. Got a book about a broccoli loving superhero kid Maybe I am too particular about children's books, but this was not a good book
Do you get tattoos? (for the kids! not for you )
No tattoos! Bummer!

I never got the broccoli loving superhero book either

Here is the cookbook I got
AmyKidsCo 12:57 PM 07-07-2014
Not too badly, although my one two year old is becoming more tattle-tail-y by the day.

Today:
"She's looking at my sticker! She's looking at me! She's waking away! She's waking away! She's waking away!!!" Can't say I blame her...
SignMeUp 12:58 PM 07-07-2014
Looks way nicer than broccoli boy book Lucky you!
My FP rep is always welcomed by my kids because of the tattoos
AnythingsPossible 01:22 PM 07-07-2014
I received the same cookbook at the mandatory training for the food program this spring.
SignMeUp 01:38 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
I received the same cookbook at the mandatory training for the food program this spring.
Oh. At the spring nutrition training, we got a new handbook. Full of great stuff like: raw fruits and vegetables must be chopped to 1/2" or less, or cooked, or mashed. For children under four.

Those chopped raspberries are so yum! And mashed cantaloupe
e.j. 05:05 PM 07-07-2014
I'm on vacation this week so it was a very quiet Monday for me.
Play Care 03:42 AM 07-08-2014
I was off last week and yesterday was actually very good. I think today will be the real test!
Reply Up