Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG - I may not survive the day
sharlan 09:53 AM 08-04-2014
Both of my dds work for a local school district and were off the entire month of July. They went back to work today.

My grandsons, 6 & 7, are so amped up that they have the 3 younger kids (2, 2 1/2, 5) flying higher than kites.

I've heard nothing but cries from my two drama queens, potty mouth from the boys, tattling and screeching from all. The 7 yo has learned to whistle in a high pitched screech. The 2 yo is climbing everything he can get his feet near. My 2 1/2 yo that always has bad Monday's is worse than normal.

I just sent the 7 yo to his room to play. That won't make his mommy happy as she spent 5 hours cleaning and reorganizing his room on Sat.

I am turning cartoons on for the rest. It's either that, or the velcro wall and licensing won't approve of that. (I asked my analyst.)
Blackcat31 09:55 AM 08-04-2014
Aw Sharlan.......

You can do this!!!!
sharlan 09:58 AM 08-04-2014
I'm not too sure.
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 08-04-2014
Ugh, and to think it's only Monday! I'm sorry today's not going so great for you. Maybe some wine tonight? Or at least some whine....
SignMeUp 10:01 AM 08-04-2014
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can
Shell 10:17 AM 08-04-2014
I'm having a rough time today, too! I have a new infant that is breasted (no bottle) on demand, held all day, and put down for naps by a battery operated swing
sharlan 10:24 AM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Ugh, and to think it's only Monday! I'm sorry today's not going so great for you. Maybe some wine tonight? Or at least some whine....
Lots of whine, but no wine for me.
sharlan 10:28 AM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Shell:
I'm having a rough time today, too! I have a new infant that is breasted (no bottle) on demand, held all day, and put down for naps by a battery operated swing
I don't understand why some parents make things so difficult for their babies.
DaveA 11:05 AM 08-04-2014
It must be the day for it. School ager who's only been here a couple of times all summer seems to have completely forgotten the concept of rules today. Thrown the whole group into chaos.

"Maybe some wine tonight? Or at least some whine.... "

Whine? possibly tonight. Wine? I've got a bottle of homemade peach apricot in the fridge that is going to look REALLY good by tonight.
melilley 11:10 AM 08-04-2014
Awwww, I hope the rest of your week goes better!
Wubby 11:15 AM 08-04-2014
Oh my!!!! Thank goodness it isn't just here.. It is lunch and I just realized that I did not have my morning smoothie.. Time for LEAP FROG VIDEO!!!!! Or someones will not make it till nap....
Baby lady 12:14 PM 08-04-2014
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has contemplated a velcro wall!

((()))
Michelle 01:49 PM 08-04-2014
Sharlan";
have you ever taken them to VBS?
I have total permission to take all my 3 year olds and up to VBS this week (8 kids) my dh is there the whole time
it left me with just 5 kids, It was so quiet and weird, I actually drank water, played more games with the babies and sent out an important e-mail to an important person

anyways, we only do it one time every Summer with just the church we go to but is a really nice break
Reply Up