Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training
cara041083 07:35 AM 02-23-2015
I am so frustrated!! The sad part is I don't think there is anything I can do. I have a DCB that is 3 almost 4. He is so beyond the point of being ready to potty train that It wouldn't hardly take any work at all. He holds his pee all day so he won't go in the diaper. I have spent the last 4 weeks taking him to the bathroom every hour. He now goes to the bathroom. When I say lets go potty he says no and then I take him into the bathroom and he goes. No problem. However every Friday he gets to the point that he is using the potty, no issues. Then mom picks him up and keeps him in a diaper and doesn't even try to take him to the bathroom. So by the time I get him back on Monday, the whole process starts again. She doesn't even make an effort to make him go at home. doesn't even ask him if he needs to go let alone make him go sit on the potty. I can't make her do it but I have better things to do then potty train her kid! I know she is thinking if I do it she won't have to. I am not surprised, because she is this way with everything. She doesn't want to deal with him. I am not trying to be rude or mean but she is one of those moms that probably shouldn't of had kids. I don't know what to do. Do I keep doing this every week? Do I just step back and worry about it when she does? I am so frustrated.
Cradle2crayons 09:40 AM 02-23-2015
Originally Posted by cara041083:
I am so frustrated!! The sad part is I don't think there is anything I can do. I have a DCB that is 3 almost 4. He is so beyond the point of being ready to potty train that It wouldn't hardly take any work at all. He holds his pee all day so he won't go in the diaper. I have spent the last 4 weeks taking him to the bathroom every hour. He now goes to the bathroom. When I say lets go potty he says no and then I take him into the bathroom and he goes. No problem. However every Friday he gets to the point that he is using the potty, no issues. Then mom picks him up and keeps him in a diaper and doesn't even try to take him to the bathroom. So by the time I get him back on Monday, the whole process starts again. She doesn't even make an effort to make him go at home. doesn't even ask him if he needs to go let alone make him go sit on the potty. I can't make her do it but I have better things to do then potty train her kid! I know she is thinking if I do it she won't have to. I am not surprised, because she is this way with everything. She doesn't want to deal with him. I am not trying to be rude or mean but she is one of those moms that probably shouldn't of had kids. I don't know what to do. Do I keep doing this every week? Do I just step back and worry about it when she does? I am so frustrated.
it's not my job to parent. I'd have the potty training talk with mom. Ultimately, you can't make her parent. I don't take kids to the potty every hour or make them go. They have to tell ME they need to go BEFORE they go and be accident free for 2 weeks before they are allowed to wear underwear. While I feel for the child, until the parent takes responsibility, they will just keep undoing any progress. I'd get mom on the same page. Or at least give her one last chance. A child who can pee every hour when you put them on the toilet isn't potty trained IMHO.
Shell 09:58 AM 02-23-2015
If you have other children that are trained, I would just send dcb in when they go. If they go during transitions, like before outside, just send dcb with them. If one of the older ones has to go during play time, just send him along. If he's holding it for that long, then he can just go when everyone else does. If he's the only one trained, I would only take him before outside, before and after nap.
I've had several kids trained here, but not at home. I usually have parents that don't want to admit their baby is growing up. If your dcm is just being lazy, there's not much you can do except let her know he needs to be trained at home, too. Who wants to keep changing diapers when a child is getting bigger?!
cara041083 10:04 AM 02-23-2015
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
it's not my job to parent. I'd have the potty training talk with mom. Ultimately, you can't make her parent. I don't take kids to the potty every hour or make them go. They have to tell ME they need to go BEFORE they go and be accident free for 2 weeks before they are allowed to wear underwear. While I feel for the child, until the parent takes responsibility, they will just keep undoing any progress. I'd get mom on the same page. Or at least give her one last chance. A child who can pee every hour when you put them on the toilet isn't potty trained IMHO.
He doesn't pee every hour. by the time Friday comes he gets up and goes to the potty when he has to go. Then when he comes back on Monday, I have to start over because he won't go or tell me when he has to go because at home they just change his diaper. I take him about every hour to sit on the potty for the first few days then by the end of the week he is back on track with going on his own. I won't let him ware underwear until he is trained at home for 2 weeks also. He has pull ups and then at home they put him in regular diapers. They only bring me pull ups because I told them to.
laundrymom 10:33 AM 02-23-2015
You're going to have to talk w mom. Just ask her point blank
Hey, I know diapers are easier but he's trained. Could you keep him on schedule on weekends so he doesn't get mixed signals? If not I guess I can begin assessing a "diapering a potty trained child " fee. I mean, he doesn't need them and it takes away from the other kids when I have to change a child who is trained. Instead, Let's celebrate his succes. He's such a big boy!
Unregistered 01:36 PM 02-23-2015
Stop stressing yourself out. Make it dcm's deal.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up