Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Question- Daycare Licensing Announced or Unannounced Visit?
LovetheSun 02:34 PM 05-31-2015
Hello!

We are extending to a large family daycare and I was wondering if the inspection visit will be announced or unannounced? I call the licensing but got two different answers (one said announced the other unannounced!).

Thank you guys
spedmommy4 06:51 PM 05-31-2015
When I initially expanded in CA many years ago, the visit was an announced visit. I would think they would do an announced visit for a capacity change. They would need to know you have completed all the requirements.
LovetheSun 03:23 PM 06-01-2015
Thank you for your answer!
daycare 03:54 PM 06-01-2015
mine was also announced when I expanded I am in CA too
DaveA 04:52 AM 06-02-2015
In Illinois the inspection visit for licensing or renewal is always announced/ scheduled, but you can count on at least one unannounced visit during the process unless you absolutely ace the visit.
Michelle 09:10 AM 06-02-2015
definitely announced
they want to make sure you are home and want to make sure you are ready for a large
good luck and may I suggest you buy an extra emergency back pack with supplies to accommodate your larger license keeping in mind we live in earthquake country
we have a binder with all the kids emergency forms, a picture of each child, food, first aid,water, a picture of their family,
I also have crayons, coloring books and small interesting toys for them to play with in case we have to evacuate to our emergency meeting place
just a suggestion, not all of this is required
LovetheSun 01:30 PM 06-02-2015
Thank you all for your answers.

Weirdly I finally got in touch with my new licensing lady and she said it will be unannounced!!! She said it might take 2 to 4,6 weeks... Is kind of weird.

We are really but I always stress when is unannounced that one thing might not be perfect!
Tags:inspection - unannounced, unannounced visits
Reply Up