Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Looking for Snack Ideas

For snack mix. I am getting tired of the same old snacks. Any ideas for snack mix. I am thinking: cheerios, pretzels, cheese crackers, oyster crackers, vegetable crackers, I don't know, anyone have a mix they use and the kids love.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 PM

GRRRR, One of my moms brought me a package of 6 different snack crackers/pretzels that you put in a bowl and mix together,,,,,hence me asking for snack mix ideas. Well, 2 kids are eating it and ....I DON'T LIKE IT.....WTH, why do I bother. I am so sick of picky kids, I don't like this I don't like that. Maybe I just need to give them bread and butter for snack eveyday.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Popcorn is cheap. My oldest is 2, youngest 4 months so we go threw lots of crackers but they all love just crackers. Sams has a bar mix that I tried once that was OK. We also go threw alot of cheese puffs, fruit snacks. I dont put alot of thought into snack I am more worried about lunch making sure that they eat something decent for themselfs.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM

they get what I make on their plate, they can eat it or not, nothing will be offered in lieu of what I made, and nothing will be offered until the next time to eat. they sit at the table until snack is over and i throw away what it left over.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com View Post
they get what I make on their plate, they can eat it or not, nothing will be offered in lieu of what I made, and nothing will be offered until the next time to eat. they sit at the table until snack is over and i throw away what it left over.

I agree with you 98%. Only difference is whatever (with a few minor exceptions) my dc kids don't eat gets brought outside to our outside dog for added diet supplement. He LOVES picky eaters!!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Daycare.com Senior Member

I used to have a great trail mix recipe that used peanut butter, raisins, chex mix, pretzels I can't remember all that went in it but our dog chewed it up when he was a puppy, if anyone has that recipe can you share it? We really liked it alot. It came in one of those recipe books that you see in the checkstands.

Tags
snacks