Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part Timers??
littlemonkeys 02:27 PM 02-15-2011
So I've been interviewing these past couple weeks. I've gotten quite a few phone calls but they are ALL for part time. I'm getting really discouraged. I was full for so long and the market is really hard around my neighborhood. My friend that lives a block away does dc and my neighbor ACROSS the street does dc too, not to mention a few others in the remote area. We're all pretty completive with each other, and when we're full we refer to each other. What is up with all these part timers??
KEG123 02:29 PM 02-15-2011
All my interest has been for part time too. I'm taking part time twins within the next couple weeks (waiting for paperwork) and that takes up a huge chunk of my ratio, but honestly, its something I have to do for now. If I have an offer from someone else for full time, I'll address it with the parents then and give them the option for full time... but overall I really like these people and am willing to try it out.
daycare 02:33 PM 02-15-2011
lol I am just the opposite... I onloy have a p/t opening and everyone that has called is looking for full time....

I feel like the spot I have open will never get filled. its a mon-tue-fri spot.

I have had a few interviews but no one worth moving forward with
Sunny Day 03:24 PM 02-15-2011
I've also had this problem constantly since I started providing care. Everyone wants part-time and usually CASUAL part-time at that! People just don't understand ratio's and having to pay for the full-time spot if that's all you have available. I almost always have a part-time spot available. Lately, I've just given up the fight in trying to find full-timers and have a whole bunch of part-timers, which is problematic for many reasons (I'm sure you all know them!! lol), but I've actually enjoyed having a different mix of kids each day and find that they don't end up fighting so much, so its been a blessing in disguise! It's only been possible though because DH got a new job, so I can afford to. Losing $ is the main problem with so many part-timers.
ammama 04:18 PM 02-15-2011
I love doing part time care - I am full with most part-timers, and they pay more per day, so I end up making more per month I make them pick certain days, and commit to those days, so that I can fill the other days of the week with another part-timers.
littlemonkeys 08:35 AM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol I am just the opposite... I onloy have a p/t opening and everyone that has called is looking for full time....

I feel like the spot I have open will never get filled. its a mon-tue-fri spot.

I have had a few interviews but no one worth moving forward with
How about we trade... I can send you the part timers and you can send me the full timers!! Sound good?
MommyMuffin 08:44 AM 02-16-2011
I have 2 PT and 2 FT. I think it has to do with saving money, grandma may watch one day, mom works pt, moms or dad in school. As the economy slowly recovers I think things will get better.

Thankfully one of my PT added 4 extra days a month starting in Jan. So every little bit helps. I think and hope that in a few more months it may go to fulltime, which might happen to you as well.

Just gotta hang in there.

If they do need PT try to make it just a consistent MWF or whatever they need so you can advertise for the TTH spot. If it is just casual tell them they can pick one day and pay whether or not they use it.
lil angels 09:14 AM 02-16-2011
I also prefer the part time kids better every day isn't the same and they don't seem to get so board with the same things every day.
Tags:interview, interview - part time, part time
Reply Up