Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Nature Lover

Default Electronics In The Classroom/Toy Sales Go Down!

Been meaning to post this all day and totally forgot.

A school here is now using IPADS for most of their school work. The kids do all their work on them, save it, then the teacher takes hers home and can grade it right there. She said it save hours of time because it does spell check, grammer the whole nine yards. Also, she's not having to lug home a "ton" of paperwork. By the way this was an elementary school!

The kids love it because it seems much easier to do school work on it.

Toys sales are going down because of electonic devices parents use-ipads, kindles, nooks, etc.

Watched a show last night about the Toy Promo show of the year and in the last two years toy sales have dropped dramatically. Kids want to have electronics all the time and most have access to them via ipad, nooks, kindles, phones, etc.

So now toy makers are having to scramble to come up with ideas that is an electronical toy down to babies! They actually are bring back the simon says game for one, and I can't remembe what else but it was very interesting.

Both of the above are very interesting to me but soooo sad at the same time. We are pushed by the states/government to have these kids outside, do nature programs, outdoor play, no electronic toys, etc. only to be doing it for nothing because of the parents and schools. Very sad to me, very sad.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

I know. The world is going virtual. Everyone can have what they want there. Soon we will be controlled by the machines and have no idea how we got there or how to get out. Ever watch the Matrix?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Nature Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I know. The world is going virtual. Everyone can have what they want there. Soon we will be controlled by the machines and have no idea how we got there or how to get out. Ever watch the Matrix?

No never saw it!

We think we can have everything there but sadly we can't- We can't have human contact (physical, touch), love, things like that. I know what I want to say but not sure how to word it.

We think we need the machines but we don't!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
We just bought a new PC and it has Windows 8 on it. We have no idea how certain screens got there or how to get out....

It is a whole new playing field and one I am not so sure I am ready to be in.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Chaos Coordinator :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
We just bought a new PC and it has Windows 8 on it. We have no idea how certain screens got there or how to get out....

It is a whole new playing field and one I am not so sure I am ready to be in.
Everyone I know that has it hates windows 8, my inlaws bought a new computer with windows 8 and took it back because they couldn't figure it out.

I'm pretty good with computers but I don't like it either and get lost I have to replace my current laptop soon but I'm gonna buy one online with 7 not 8.

Tags
virtual public school