Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Aghhhhhh!
CedarCreek 10:03 AM 08-20-2013
I need to scream.

My 9 year old ds just had his gtube ripped out of his stomach by a 2 year old dcb!

He was laying on the couch, playing his ds and his shirt rode up. Dcb saw it, walked right over and yanked it out of his stomach before I could stop him. It hurts ds to have it yanked out like that, he started to cry.

I got an emergency one in that I keep on hand and he's fine now. I'm just so mad at dcb! We have talked and talked about how we never touch ds's tube.

Ugh, i'm just upset.
butterfly 10:07 AM 08-20-2013
sorry, Cedar!!
BumbleBee 10:07 AM 08-20-2013
Ugh...I'd be upset to!!! *hugs*
Patches 10:12 AM 08-20-2013

sorry that happened
MamaBearCanada 10:12 AM 08-20-2013
So sorry. That would hurt
daycarediva 10:22 AM 08-20-2013
poor ds.
NeedaVaca 10:24 AM 08-20-2013
awww, poor thing! I'm sorry
coolconfidentme 10:24 AM 08-20-2013
Awww..., the poor guy.
Blackcat31 10:31 AM 08-20-2013
Hugs to your DS. I am sure that it hurt.

Hugs to the 2 year old as well, I am sure he doesn't understand the fall out from his actions or that he caused pain to someone else.

Hang in there mama, these kinds of things are frustrating...
CedarCreek 11:26 AM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Hugs to your DS. I am sure that it hurt.

Hugs to the 2 year old as well, I am sure he doesn't understand the fall out from his actions or that he caused pain to someone else.

Hang in there mama, these kinds of things are frustrating...
I talked with him and he seemed upset that it made my DS cry. I took a time out for a second after I got DS's new tube in and recouped. I know he didn't mean to hurt him, he just probably thought it wasn't supposed to be there even though we have talked about it. I was just upset because I know that hurt, bad.
Scout 11:36 AM 08-20-2013
awww, how awful! Glad u were able to fix it quickly. poor guy.
Josiegirl 05:00 PM 08-20-2013
Oh no your poor son! I'm sorry that happened to him. Even though sometimes 2 yo seem to be so smart and precocious, they're still only 2.
Hope your son is ok?
MotherNature 06:00 PM 08-20-2013
Ouch! I would be frustrated too. Is he ok?
CedarCreek 09:54 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Ouch! I would be frustrated too. Is he ok?
Yes, he is okay. I'll have his doctor check my handy work on his new tube tomorrow. It should be good though, he's had different versions of a tube his whole life and i've replaced a lot of them just from getting old and yucky.

Dcb and I told his Mom what happened and she didn't seem too concerned but he was able to recall how he felt about hurting someone else. He was sorry. My ds told him it was okay, and they hugged.
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:

Dcb and I told his Mom what happened and she didn't seem too concerned but he was able to recall how he felt about hurting someone else. He was sorry. My ds told him it was okay, and they hugged.
What a fantastic lesson in empathy and perspective thinking!!

THAT entire experience probably taught the 2 yr old far more about other people's feelings, his actions and the connection between the two more than any lesson plan could have.
Cradle2crayons 08:22 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I need to scream.

My 9 year old ds just had his gtube ripped out of his stomach by a 2 year old dcb!

He was laying on the couch, playing his ds and his shirt rode up. Dcb saw it, walked right over and yanked it out of his stomach before I could stop him. It hurts ds to have it yanked out like that, he started to cry.

I got an emergency one in that I keep on hand and he's fine now. I'm just so mad at dcb! We have talked and talked about how we never touch ds's tube.

Ugh, i'm just upset.
aYACK!! My dcg and your son had the same horrible experience yesterday. Except a nurse yanked out my girls. 5cc in the balloon. OUCH!! But thankfully, it didn't touch the office floor (dr office are germy) lol. We put the same tube right back in. But yes, it hurts!!

KY said to YOU and your son!!
Tags:bad behavior
Reply Up