Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Update On My High-Needs Baby

Well, it's been an amazing turn around for the little guy!

He is so much happier. He sleeps well, he plays well, he coos and smiles and is so much more alert. He is 12 weeks old tomorrow, btw.

If you have a young infant that seems to be a "hold me hold me and I'll still be miserable", I would highly recommend trying another formula. We went from regular Similac to Similac gentle, and we have a whole different baby.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yea! Every baby (my own included) have needed gentle, sensitive or other specialty formulas. So glad it is working out!!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:14 AM

That's just wonderful! It's nice to hear a positive story once in awhile . Congrats to you and the mom for sticking with it long enough to find a solution. You guys rock!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
Well, it's been an amazing turn around for the little guy!

He is so much happier. He sleeps well, he plays well, he coos and smiles and is so much more alert. He is 12 weeks old tomorrow, btw.

If you have a young infant that seems to be a "hold me hold me and I'll still be miserable", I would highly recommend trying another formula. We went from regular Similac to Similac gentle, and we have a whole different baby.

I totally agree!! And yay for baby!! I'm so glad he feels so much better!! When babies are miserable, caregivers are miserable too sometimes!!

We had the same turn around with our now 9 week old dcb. He DEFINATELY had reflux but even with rice cereal to his formula, he was still miserable. So, after the formula change and added rice cereal, he's the typical little one. All that was done around 4 weeks old or so. I've had him since he was two weeks old straight from the NICU.

The same day we changed his formula, it was like a light switch. He's been such a joy ever since!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
False Sense Of Authority

I'm hoping that what happens with Ava...she has been a lot better (and bigger!) I started adding the rice cereal...but she still has the gas and silent reflux.

We go to her new pediatrician tomorrow and I really hope she agrees to try another formula.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post
I'm hoping that what happens with Ava...she has been a lot better (and bigger!) I started adding the rice cereal...but she still has the gas and silent reflux.

We go to her new pediatrician tomorrow and I really hope she agrees to try another formula.
I hope so too hon!!!!!

Have y'all tried the over the counter gas drops?? That helped all of my kids soooooooooooooo much!!!!

I don't know why docs are so against trying a new formula, it's not like there aren't other options. And it's not like y'all haven't given is one enough of a chance!!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:27 PM

Awesomeness!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Congrats! That's great!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post

Tags
high needs