Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Online Reviews
mskaykay 03:14 PM 06-18-2014
The owners of my facility would like for some of the parents to go online and review our center. They want me to ask a few of the families who I know love us to do this for them. But my feeling that begging for reviews is not very professional and I am uncomfortable asking people. (Hey dcm, you're happy with your care right? Well then go online and give us a good review). I figured it would be best to post a sign on our parent board mentioning online reviews but I can't figure out a way to word it without sounding needy.... Any suggestions? Or am I way off base and most people would be fine with my just asking for reviews?
SignMeUp 03:37 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by mskaykay:
The owners of my facility would like for some of the parents to go online and review our center. They want me to ask a few of the families who I know love us to do this for them. But my feeling that begging for reviews is not very professional and I am uncomfortable asking people. (Hey dcm, you're happy with your care right? Well then go online and give us a good review). I figured it would be best to post a sign on our parent board mentioning online reviews but I can't figure out a way to word it without sounding needy.... Any suggestions? Or am I way off base and most people would be fine with my just asking for reviews?
I'm not with a center, but for me personally, the only way I'd be comfortable asking that would be to hand out a parent survey to all parents, with a line at the bottom directing them to the online review site.
MarinaVanessa 03:55 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
I'm not with a center, but for me personally, the only way I'd be comfortable asking that would be to hand out a parent survey to all parents, with a line at the bottom directing them to the online review site.
I'd try this too. I think I would ask if they are willing to do it and if they agreed then I would ask for their email and email them the link.

Then the message would say something like

"Thank you for offering to participate in leaving an online testimonial. We appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to leave your review and value your opinions of our program.

To leave your testimonial please follow this link:
[link]"

Do as much of the work for them. If you give them a piece of paper it might get set on a counter or desk somewhere or forgotten in the car. If you send an email and all they have to do is click on a link and leave a review then there's a better chance that they'll actually do it. If you really want to get fancy use your phone and ask parents if they are willing to hold their kiddos and leave a video review. Then hand the videos to your director along with waivers so they can be posted on the website and then ask for a raise lol.

If you don't get any bites ask if your center is willing to give out incentives like $5 off of their next week of tuition or maybe put together a raffle prize and whoever participates and uses their actual name gets a chance to win the prize (like $$ off of their tuition, some art supplies, a small toy etc).
mskaykay 04:35 PM 06-18-2014
Well then my next question would be do I give it to all families (I have 123 students) or just a select few. The owners aren't looking for quotes for the website they are looking for people to go on yahoo and yelp and other online search data bases and leave reviews about our center.
Reply Up