Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How much would you charge
deliberateliterate 01:41 PM 10-31-2014
I have a current DCB that comes 3 days a week, 9 hours/day, and I charge $114 weekly ($38/day). His older sister just started coming after school, and I'm charging $30 for all 5 days (3 days for 1.5 hours each and 2 days for under 15 minutes. I'm not completely happy with this rate).

He's just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and his mom asked to move to 4 afternoons a week, 1130 to 430, and sister would be staying longer after school one extra day. Gma would be taking him in the mornings so she could do all testing and deliver meds if needed. She wants to pay $150 weekly for both kids.

How much would you charge in this situation? I should mention that I have plenty of room. I'm not at capacity, nor do I want to be, so them taking up two spots isn't a huge concern.
Leigh 07:55 PM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
I have a current DCB that comes 3 days a week, 9 hours/day, and I charge $114 weekly ($38/day). His older sister just started coming after school, and I'm charging $30 for all 5 days (3 days for 1.5 hours each and 2 days for under 15 minutes. I'm not completely happy with this rate).

He's just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and his mom asked to move to 4 afternoons a week, 1130 to 430, and sister would be staying longer after school one extra day. Gma would be taking him in the mornings so she could do all testing and deliver meds if needed. She wants to pay $150 weekly for both kids.

How much would you charge in this situation? I should mention that I have plenty of room. I'm not at capacity, nor do I want to be, so them taking up two spots isn't a huge concern.
I would be charging my full-time rate for the younger child and my part-time rate (65% of full-time rate) for the sibling. You're giving a much better rate than I would be willing to.
Second Home 04:42 AM 11-01-2014
I would change my part time rate for the younger child for each day no matter the hours($30 × 4 =120) . My before /after school rate is one flat fee for the whole week no matter how many days they come ($55) . So I would be charging $175 .
KidGrind 05:34 AM 11-01-2014
I don’t know what your hourly rate is.

If you charged $5 per hour she’d be paying you for $100 per week for the DCB.

I’d be happy with the $150 per week in your situation of being content with your enrollment and the situation. I don’t know if you pick up the DCG or she is bussed or walks to your home.

If you pick us I’d charge the $55 a PP suggested. I’d also draw up a new contract. Care for Johnny will be given on W,X,Y, Z days from 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM. After school care will be provided for on X, Y, Z days from _____ to _____. Be specific.
Reply Up