Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Paperwork for Drop-In Care?
nothingwithoutjoy 05:28 AM 01-15-2015
I'd never heard of drop-in care before this forum, and it's not something I do. But I'm thinking of holding some special events that seem similar in that it would be children who aren't here every day, left for a short period of time. I'm wondering what I would need to get from parents to do that. What do those of you who do drop-in care do for paperwork? Do you get everything you get from regularly-enrolled children? It seems like so much for a short period, but obviously, I'd need emergency contacts, medical info... Thanks in advance for advice...
Kabob 05:49 AM 01-15-2015
I still get all my paperwork like I would for my regularly enrolled children, including a contract with the drop-in rates and policies on it. Most people around here want part time or full time care though and I've discovered I prefer children being here on a regular basis so that they are on the daycare routine.
Pepperth 08:12 AM 01-15-2015
I called my licensing consultant regarding drop-in care because it seems like a good way to bring in money until I'm full. She said to use all the same state required paperwork that you'd use for a regular enrollment. In addition, I created a drop-in contract with rates, and rules on availability, etc.
Play Care 08:54 AM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I called my licensing consultant regarding drop-in care because it seems like a good way to bring in money until I'm full. She said to use all the same state required paperwork that you'd use for a regular enrollment. In addition, I created a drop-in contract with rates, and rules on availability, etc.
This. I'm required to have the same paperwork.
butterfly 10:49 AM 01-15-2015

I have them do all the paperwork too. There are countless times that I would do just drop in/back up care and then that client ended up becoming fulltime with me when I had a fulltime opening because they liked my services better than what they were getting elsewhere.
daycarediva 10:52 AM 01-15-2015
yup. Seems silly, but those are the rules. I also keep them on file so that drop in clients just prepay and schedule their days, and I pull the child's file out while he/she is here.
DaveA 05:52 AM 01-16-2015
That's the rules here for IL as well.
nothingwithoutjoy 10:29 AM 01-16-2015
Shoot. That's kind of what I was expecting. I am thinking of doing some one-shot workshop-type days and it would be ridiculous to do all that paperwork for that. I did email my licensor and am waiting to hear back.

(I'm trying to add a homeschooled child to my group, as a peer for my daughter. So I thought I'd hold a workshop on a Saturday for local homeschoolers, as a way of getting people in and letting them see what we do. But I'm concerned about the licensing ramifications. If it were a birthday party for my daughter with those same kids, their parents would just leave them here...)
Reply Up