Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Table Activities
mamamanda 06:24 PM 05-12-2015
Does anyone have some good ideas for table activities? What about for the younger group that still mouths things? Thanks!
Unregistered 12:25 AM 05-19-2015
Felt boards, or just a piece of (8x10) felt, with characters to stick to it.....Shaving cream art.....Dixie cups with kix type cereal for sorting.....Homemade play dough.....Lacing cards or small blocks with holes for lacing.....Small chalkboards...A sheet of paper and some stickers.....Old magazines a pair of plastic blunt scissors.....Keep some 'special' learning toys, and books with sounds or sensory themes, in a cabinet that are only brought out for table top activities.....Cover the whole table with a sheet of the roll type paper (tape underneath) and let them color/paint it.
NoMoreJuice! 10:14 AM 05-19-2015
I just printed and laminated a whole stack of papers for a few busy books. There are pictures, alphabet and number printables, blank faces, etc. Then they can either use dry erase markers, dry erase crayons, or play dough to color everything in.
mamamanda 06:26 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I just printed and laminated a whole stack of papers for a few busy books. There are pictures, alphabet and number printables, blank faces, etc. Then they can either use dry erase markers, dry erase crayons, or play dough to color everything in.
Great idea! Thanks!
mamamanda 06:28 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Felt boards, or just a piece of (8x10) felt, with characters to stick to it.....Shaving cream art.....Dixie cups with kix type cereal for sorting.....Homemade play dough.....Lacing cards or small blocks with holes for lacing.....Small chalkboards...A sheet of paper and some stickers.....Old magazines a pair of plastic blunt scissors.....Keep some 'special' learning toys, and books with sounds or sensory themes, in a cabinet that are only brought out for table top activities.....Cover the whole table with a sheet of the roll type paper (tape underneath) and let them color/paint it.
Some of these sound awesome! Small chalk boards. I loved that when I was younger.
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 05-20-2015
Place a sheet of contact paper sticky side up, tape to the table, and give them cut out pieces of colored paper, pompoms, foam shapes, etc. and that'll keep them busy for awhile. My dcgs currently love playing with those magnet doll sets like you can find through Melissa and Doug. I've had a couple sets given to me and found a couple at yard sales. Just remove the smaller pieces.
Large beads and shoelaces.
Tags:activities, activities - table, table activities
Reply Up