Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Legally Unlicensed Provider + Income Tax
Unregistered 05:35 PM 01-02-2013
I am a legally unlicensed provider. Do I need to GIVE a form or a RECEIVE a form for the two families that I cared for last year?

I was just planning on giving them the total they paid me, my SS#, and address.

Am I correct?
Thanks!
itlw8 08:03 PM 01-02-2013
There is a form they give you and you have to supply the info but you do not need to use the form just give them the info..

Do not give out your SS# get an EIN number it is free and fast.
Scout 03:56 AM 01-03-2013
My old provider used to do exactly what you want to and we never had an issue. This is how I am going to handle it as well!
Scout 03:58 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
There is a form they give you and you have to supply the info but you do not need to use the form just give them the info..

Do not give out your SS# get an EIN number it is free and fast.
how do you get an EIN? I'd be interested if free and quick!
allsmiles 06:59 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
its VERY easy and quick.. go to irs.gov, and look for the link to apply for ein, its an online process, you get it instantly!!
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp

I think you get your number instantly
Scout 08:55 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp

I think you get your number instantly
I love when you guys post links for us!! Thanks!
momofboys 09:58 AM 01-03-2013
I tried to get one today but after I filled everything out & pushed submit it said technical difficulties so I will have to try again. Ughh
youretooloud 02:42 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I tried to get one today but after I filled everything out & pushed submit it said technical difficulties so I will have to try again. Ughh
That happened to me too. I was annoyed. I did try again another day though, and it worked. I write it down on my calenders, and keep a record of it on my computer so I can't lose it.
MarinaVanessa 03:08 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I think they're doing maintenance on their online and automated services. I think today was the last day so try again tomorrow if not on Friday.
momofboys 05:06 PM 01-03-2013
GOT MINE!!! easy peasy
Scout 06:13 PM 01-03-2013
So I did the whole thing. I selected the social category then filled in in home daycare on the next page. Why does it say my business mainly does health care, then below it says the in home day care??

I thought the first one was wrong so I went back & redid it but, it still came out the same. Is this right? Thanks!!
Tags:ein
Reply Up