Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Enrollment Help
Unregistered 01:11 PM 09-10-2013
I have a new Family Home Day care in Palm Springs, Florida. I received my license on August 14 and I had couple of families that have come to see the daycare. I have ad's on Google adwords Express, Brochures in pediatrics offices, business cards everywhere but still I have not enroll any one. I have interviewed about 8 families and none of them have enrolled. some are mom's that are waiting to go back to work, another one was moving to the area and she was looking around and the other families just needed child care asap. I charge a $ 100.00 registration fee for full time and $ 50.00 for part time, the prices are compatible with the other daycares I have around me. I should mention that I'm in a very busy daycare area (every daycare is full).
When the parents come I usually show them around and explain the policies as well as the expectations, the curriculum and everything else. they all say that the set up is really good and the children love it ( they don't want to leave)
My question is am I doing something wrong, should I take off the registration fee, how to get parents o tell me what they like or dislike??????
help please
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 09-10-2013
I doubt any of it has anything to do with you....more than likely, it is simply the economy. Many families are relying on relative, friends and/or neighbors to care for their children.

I know many long term, established providers that are having an extremely difficult time filling spaces.

Keep trying and good luck!
Familycare71 02:12 PM 09-10-2013
I know for my area if I charged a reg fee I wouldn't fill my spaces. But no one does that here- do you know if the majority of dc do it? If they don't then try dropping it (if your willing) and see if it helps
Hang in there!! I agree with BC so many people are having a hard time now-
spinnymarie 06:57 AM 09-11-2013
I saw someone on here mention once that it's hard to be the *first* kid signed up in a daycare. So maybe a 'new opening' special for the first two or three kids signed up where you drop the registration fee? It seems like most businesses first starting out have some sort of 'special' to get people started coming there... then those families will help you with word of mouth as well
Maria2013 10:28 AM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
I saw someone on here mention once that it's hard to be the *first* kid signed up in a daycare. So maybe a 'new opening' special for the first two or three kids signed up where you drop the registration fee?

that's what I was gonna say
melilley 10:36 AM 09-11-2013
Hang in there! It took almost 2 months for me to enroll any families! Like pp said, charging a registration fee here is not the norm for fcc's, especially as much as you are asking (no offense). Keep advertising and you will find the right families! Try advertising on CL, it has worked for me.
Good luck!
misslori50 10:45 AM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:

that's what I was gonna say

Ive had an awful time also getting someone to be the first child. thankfully someone took the plunge
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:12 AM 09-11-2013
I took off a year and it was hard getting my first kidlet signed up. I would also offer a "no registration fee" for the first couple of kids. Once you have kids there it seems to get easier. But, it took me almost a year to be "full". (I had been a licensed provider for 12 yrs prior too)
So hang in there, keep advertising and offer a sign up special without the fee or a $10 or $20 fee.
AcornMama 12:09 PM 09-11-2013
I was licensed early August. My first two families found me a couple of weeks later by google search. I've linked my website everywhere I know of online, and passed out a lot of flyers in my small town. The first two families just found me at the same time, liked me, and they both start on Monday. But I've gotten no interest from anyone else since then. I think I'm going to try Craigslist. I was seeing it as a last resort, but I really want to get this thing going!
melilley 12:53 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
I was licensed early August. My first two families found me a couple of weeks later by google search. I've linked my website everywhere I know of online, and passed out a lot of flyers in my small town. The first two families just found me at the same time, liked me, and they both start on Monday. But I've gotten no interest from anyone else since then. I think I'm going to try Craigslist. I was seeing it as a last resort, but I really want to get this thing going!
When I first opened, I did the website thing and advertised on CL. All of my families found me on there. It did take almost 2 months, but I am, well was full. I am now looking for one child to replace one and put another ad up. It's been a month so far and I have gotten lots of calls and one interview out of it.
Tags:enrollment
Reply Up