Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tax Book Question
melilley 05:16 AM 01-20-2014
This is my first year in business, so my first year doing taxes. I am going to have someone who does daycare taxes do mine. My question is, what book by Tom should I purchase? I can't for the life of me remember which book to buy. I want to depreciate everything in my home and take inventory and I know there's a book or a section in one where it helps you list things. Or are there any other books anyone recommends to get?
TomCopeland 09:05 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
This is my first year in business, so my first year doing taxes. I am going to have someone who does daycare taxes do mine. My question is, what book by Tom should I purchase? I can't for the life of me remember which book to buy. I want to depreciate everything in my home and take inventory and I know there's a book or a section in one where it helps you list things. Or are there any other books anyone recommends to get?
My 2013 Family Child Care Tax Companion is for providers who use tax preparers. If you fill out the worksheets in the book and give it to your tax preparer, it will help ensure that he/she doesn't make any major mistakes on your tax return.

My book Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide lists over 1,000 allowable business deductions and how to keep track of your business records.
melilley 09:37 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
My 2013 Family Child Care Tax Companion is for providers who use tax preparers. If you fill out the worksheets in the book and give it to your tax preparer, it will help ensure that he/she doesn't make any major mistakes on your tax return.

My book Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide lists over 1,000 allowable business deductions and how to keep track of your business records.
Thank you!
melilley 11:21 AM 01-20-2014
Is the newest Record Keeping Guide the 8th edition?
TomCopeland 09:23 PM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Is the newest Record Keeping Guide the 8th edition?
Yes, it is.
Reply Up