Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>no naps for an 8 month old!!
momma2girls 04:08 PM 08-15-2012
I just started an 8 month old baby, that has never been away from Mom before. I just started her last week- She is very tough to get to sleep at all!!! The Mom came in this am and told me "it is totally fine with us, if you don't put her down at all" WHAT?????? Are you kidding me?? Now she asks me everyday, now did she fall asleep on her own, or do you rock her, etc..? I have told her I have tried everything rocking, walking around with her, etc... nothing works!! Today she asks at pick up, do you just let her cry it out? I said yes, but she only cried for like 5-10 min. She seemed like she wasn't thrilled with this- ughh!!!!! Let's see what she asks tomorrow and the next day and the next day, etc.. etc.... Already driving me insane and it's only her 3rd day here!!! She has been staying like 10-15 min. every am and pm, asking and asking me questions.She is a first time Mom, and asks everything under the sun!! The first day she asked now where does she sleep? I told her in a bedroom. What does she sleep in? How long does she sleep? She has 5 things she wants me to do for her before sleeping. Put a sleep sack on her, turn on music, give her a paci, give her a bottle right before napping, and give her the giraffe lovie blanket. The list goes on and on and on...... Where do you store her bottles, where do you store her milk? How do you heat up the milk? How do you feed the babies? Where do you feed them? What do you do with unused baby food? Do you heat it? Do you keep the unused food in the fridge? Do you put it in a bowl? Do you keep it in the plastic cont.? OMG!! This is all I can think of right now. There was more!!! WOW!!! I think tomorrow will be different, I will have her in her car seat ready to go and give her the rundown of the day, and get busy, or go in the house and say have a good night!!! UGHHH!!! Sorry, this should have been under the venting thread. I should add I have 4 children of my own and have provided in home daycare for over 10 yrs. now!!
Reply Up