Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>National Provider's Day!
Brooksie 02:12 PM 04-10-2013
Apparently Nation Provider's Day is May 10th, and I shared something about it on my FB page just kind of being silly. Well one of my DCP just showed up on my front door with flowers, even though her little guy doesn't come back until tomorrow! Such a cute little blue daisy arrangement! I was so taken back at the sweet gesture that I didn't have the heart to tell her its a month away! lol Who's going to argue with that? Love my families!
Blackcat31 02:47 PM 04-10-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Apparently Nation Provider's Day is May 10th, and I shared something about it on my FB page just kind of being silly. Well one of my DCP just showed up on my front door with flowers, even though her little guy doesn't come back until tomorrow! Such a cute little blue daisy arrangement! I was so taken back at the sweet gesture that I didn't have the heart to tell her its a month away! lol Who's going to argue with that? Love my families!
That is awfully sweet of her.

She does know that May isn't for another month yet though right? (I see where you posted that you didn't have the heart to tell her.....;-) )

Maybe she will bring you something every day until then.....kind of like the 12 days of Christmas only it is the 30 days of Appreciate your Provider.

There is an actual web-site devoted to Provider Appreciation Day
http://www.providerappreciationday.org/
Brooksie 03:13 PM 04-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is awfully sweet of her.

She does know that May isn't for another month yet though right? (I see where you posted that you didn't have the heart to tell her.....;-) )

Maybe she will bring you something every day until then.....kind of like the 12 days of Christmas only it is the 30 days of Appreciate your Provider.

There is an actual web-site devoted to Provider Appreciation Day
http://www.providerappreciationday.org/
OOOH I like that idea!!! haha!
Michael 03:27 PM 04-10-2013
Interesting. There is a National Babysitting Day on the 7th of May: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26233

I may tie that date in with this thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61482
Patches 05:03 PM 04-10-2013
Oh, that's sweet. My birthday is May10, so maybe I should tell DH he owes me double...
Crazy8 06:18 PM 04-10-2013
I always know its around there cause my bday is that same week. Years ago a dcm came in with a gift/flowers for me and I said "how did you know it was my bday?" and she said she didn't, it was for dc provider appreciation day & mothers day. oops!

Doubt any of my current families would know about it though.
MissAnn 03:57 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I always know its around there cause my bday is that same week. Years ago a dcm came in with a gift/flowers for me and I said "how did you know it was my bday?" and she said she didn't, it was for dc provider appreciation day & mothers day. oops!

Doubt any of my current families would know about it though.
I have almost all teachers kids. Mine of course do not know about provider appreciation day. They do know about teacher appreciation day/week. I dread this week! Last year it was the same week as mothers day. I went to a lot of effort making Mother's Day presents......even extended it to grandmothers.

Now, I'm not saying I have to be given gifts, but a card, or a picture or a verbal thank you would be great. Last year....nothing. To top it off one of my dc moms posted on Facebook the awesome teacher appreciation gifts her sons made for their teachers. They were awesome.....but only 2 of them. (She has 3 sons). Not only did I get no thank you's from any of my dc families, I also got no thank you's for the Mother's Day gifts. Yes, my feelings were hurt.

A few days later a mom did post on my FB page that she was the worst parent ever because she had forgotten teacher appreciation day. Other parents chimed in and said they were sorry. That was nice. It made things better....but I still dread the day!
AmyKidsCo 01:21 PM 04-12-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Oh, that's sweet. My birthday is May10, so maybe I should tell DH he owes me double...
MY birthday is May 10 too!
DaisyMamma 06:22 AM 04-13-2013
LOL
I saw that on your facebook! I was confused . I thought OMG I was forgotten again! But when I looked the date up on Google it said May 10.
I've never gotten a provider day gift. And I certainly don't need one. But a Thank You would be GREAT!
Lucky you and so pretty!
blandino 08:44 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I have almost all teachers kids. Mine of course do not know about provider appreciation day. They do know about teacher appreciation day/week. I dread this week! Last year it was the same week as mothers day. I went to a lot of effort making Mother's Day presents......even extended it to grandmothers.

Now, I'm not saying I have to be given gifts, but a card, or a picture or a verbal thank you would be great. Last year....nothing. To top it off one of my dc moms posted on Facebook the awesome teacher appreciation gifts her sons made for their teachers. They were awesome.....but only 2 of them. (She has 3 sons). Not only did I get no thank you's from any of my dc families, I also got no thank you's for the Mother's Day gifts. Yes, my feelings were hurt.

A few days later a mom did post on my FB page that she was the worst parent ever because she had forgotten teacher appreciation day. Other parents chimed in and said they were sorry. That was nice. It made things better....but I still dread the day!
That would hurt my feelings too. My teachers who are parents usually go thugs for us for TAW, but last year none did. Which is kind of strange to me ?!?

For the DCM you speak of, to actually leave you out is mean. And she had to have thought about you in the process of thinking about her older sons teachers. .

Her older sons might have actual "teachers", but the teaching we do is just the same. And to top it off, his other teachers don't have the responsibility of grocery shopping, cooking meals, cleaning their classroom, buying supplies and equipment, etc.
DaisyMamma 12:01 PM 04-14-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I have almost all teachers kids. Mine of course do not know about provider appreciation day. They do know about teacher appreciation day/week.
Funny, isn't Provider Appreciation Day during Teacher Appreciation Week??? And as Teacher's they SHOULD know and probably do know about Provider Appreciation Day.
DCMom 05:17 PM 04-14-2013
Maybe we should all take it as a paid holiday?
Patches 12:16 AM 04-15-2013
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I like that idea
Brooksie 07:58 AM 04-15-2013
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I agree!!!
Tags:national babysitter's day, national provider's day
Reply Up