Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tell Me About Your Monday...
Valerie928 10:24 AM 10-07-2019
Dcg almost 2 comes in this morning with a sucker. I made her give it right to dad, he looks embarrassed and proceeded to tell me how she wouldn't let them leave their house this morning, she was kicking him ect. So, he bribed her with a sucker.👍 Great job dad.
Dcg's 3 and 4 months (sisters) come in this morning. Dcg 3 is still ridiculously jealous of her 4 month old sister. It's annoying. Time to deal kid. Dcg 3 apparently doesn't sleep through the night, like ever. They just took her pacifiers away and that's because I said I could NOT believe she still had those. SERIOUSLY? Also, she flat out refuses to potty train anymore, HER choice. Parents blame the "new" baby who is 4 months now.
These parents just need to take the reigns and stop letting her do whatever the hell she wants. A typical snowflake running the home situation there🤪 The baby, 4 months, wants to be held ALL DAY. Soooooo, how is everyone else doing today? Is it Friday yet?
Annalee 10:42 AM 10-07-2019
My Monday is good thus far. Only have 7 today. It is fall break here so I am only working thru Wednesday....so a long weekend for me.
Unregistered 10:57 AM 10-07-2019
so far so good here. We are officially a diaper-free facility now. My three youngest ones are 2/2.2/2.4. They don't use diapers even during nap time. That makes me happy and proud of them, their parents, and of course myself.
Annalee 11:00 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
so far so good here. We are officially a diaper-free facility now. My three youngest ones are 2/2.2/2.4. They don't use diapers even during nap time. That makes me happy and proud of them, their parents, and of course myself.
that's definitely a milestone. 2 of my 12 are in diapers.
DaveA 11:16 AM 10-07-2019
My morning consisted of taking a dog to the vet before pre-K got back. He was favoring a back leg last night/ this morning. Nothing structurally wrong- Doc says it's muscular. Probably just landed wrong or playing too hard. So he's on nsaids for a week or so. At least I only had 1 DCK at the time.
Valerie928 11:19 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
My morning consisted of taking a dog to the vet before pre-K got back. He was favoring a back leg last night/ this morning. Nothing structurally wrong- Doc says it's muscular. Probably just landed wrong or playing too hard. So he's on nsaids for a week or so. At least I only had 1 DCK at the time.
I hope your fur baby feels better soon.
Valerie928 11:20 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Wow! Great news!!
Ms.Kay 12:51 PM 10-07-2019
3 yr olds mom said we didn't let him nap all weekend and he fell asleep great. Then said they dont want him to nap here. I said Im so glad it works at your house. Unfortunately...in group care it isnt an option...if he falls asleep...he needs it. This is the same kid that that can sleep 4 solid hrs here. ..and is constantly laying on the floor..barely able to finish lunch with his head up. Parents let him watch the 2 hr version on dumbo....EVERYDAY!!!! This also the child the give a ipad to every nite in the crib because he screams for it. They cant get it out..until he is completely asleep....So..NO mom....if your kid falls asleep during nap time...I will not wake him...just to make your life easier. Probably one of the top non parenting families....in my 30 yrs
Happy Monday.....My wine..is breathing as we speak......
Valerie928 01:03 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
3 yr olds mom said we didn't let him nap all weekend and he fell asleep great. Then said they dont want him to nap here. I said Im so glad it works at your house. Unfortunately...in group care it isnt an option...if he falls asleep...he needs it. This is the same kid that that can sleep 4 solid hrs here. ..and is constantly laying on the floor..barely able to finish lunch with his head up. Parents let him watch the 2 hr version on dumbo....EVERYDAY!!!! This also the child the give a ipad to every nite in the crib because he screams for it. They cant get it out..until he is completely asleep....So..NO mom....if your kid falls asleep during nap time...I will not wake him...just to make your life easier. Probably one of the top non parenting families....in my 30 yrs
Happy Monday.....My wine..is breathing as we speak......
I almost want to quit almost every day because I can't with parents anymore.......please pass the Gray Goose
Blackcat31 01:41 PM 10-07-2019
Monday? I feel like I am trapped in some sort of Groundhog Day (movie) scene.....

Family with baby continues dailyvto try and pass off starving baby with the excuse that they are running late... Sorry... but you are here 30 minutes early, you aren't running late for anything other than "alone time" since you don't work until 8:30 and it's only 7:30 now.

An almost 5 yr old DCK peed their pants AT lunch WHILE sitting and didn't say a word about it. When I ask if they had an accident I get the same deer in the headlights look I would get if I asked them to solve and algebraic equation.

Dropped a new (group) toy in the toddler room and all 3 of them are whine-crying "MIIIIIIINE!" because the others are touching it. *gasp*

One of my 3 yr olds "lost" their sock and can't find it (it's laying in the middle of the play room) despite the unsolicited assistance from peers.

....and one of my oldest preschoolers who has been in underwear for a long long time had a series of accidents a while back and was relegated to Pull-ups at rest time for the mandatory 2 week "must stay dry" period.....made it the whole two weeks without a single incident. Got to skip the Pull up during rest time today and of course, peed their pants.

There are not enough to convey how my Monday is going. Thankfully it can only get better as the week goes on. Other than the 'almost freezing' temps forecasted for the end of the week (lower-mid 30ies)

Happy Monday everyone!!
Pandaluver21 02:06 PM 10-07-2019
One yr old is continually putting his thumb in 10 month old's mouth, then crying because 10 month old has 8 teeth... and uses them.
Valerie928 02:30 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Monday? I feel like I am trapped in some sort of Groundhog Day (movie) scene.....

Family with baby continues dailyvto try and pass off starving baby with the excuse that they are running late... Sorry... but you are here 30 minutes early, you aren't running late for anything other than "alone time" since you don't work until 8:30 and it's only 7:30 now.

An almost 5 yr old DCK peed their pants AT lunch WHILE sitting and didn't say a word about it. When I ask if they had an accident I get the same deer in the headlights look I would get if I asked them to solve and algebraic equation.

Dropped a new (group) toy in the toddler room and all 3 of them are whine-crying "MIIIIIIINE!" because the others are touching it. *gasp*

One of my 3 yr olds "lost" their sock and can't find it (it's laying in the middle of the play room) despite the unsolicited assistance from peers.

....and one of my oldest preschoolers who has been in underwear for a long long time had a series of accidents a while back and was relegated to Pull-ups at rest time for the mandatory 2 week "must stay dry" period.....made it the whole two weeks without a single incident. Got to skip the Pull up during rest time today and of course, peed their pants.

There are not enough to convey how my Monday is going. Thankfully it can only get better as the week goes on. Other than the 'almost freezing' temps forecasted for the end of the week (lower-mid 30ies)

Happy Monday everyone!!
Oh dear Blackcat🥺 You win the worst Monday award. Dear God let us win the lottery.
Blackcat31 06:02 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Oh dear Blackcat🥺 You win the worst Monday award. Dear God let us win the lottery.
Good morning everybody!!!

I've got 7 (out of 12) kids in the door happily/willingly and with smiles on their faces ....

So far so good here....

Hoping everyone has a much better Tuesday!!
Annalee 07:02 AM 10-08-2019
Good morning everybody!!!

I've got 7 (out of 12) kids in the door happily/willingly and with smiles on their faces ....

So far so good here....

Hoping everyone has a much better Tuesday!!
I have 10 today and one with a birthday very excited. So far everything seems good for me, too.
Blackcat31 07:04 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have 10 today and one with a birthday very excited. So far everything seems good for me, too.
Me too! She's 3!

It's also my daughter's birthday (she's 31) and my younger brother's birthday (he's 44)

Happy birthday to all the birthday peeps today!
CenterTeacher20 07:12 AM 10-08-2019
My Monday was perfect as far as the kiddos went, despite the 7mo in my room who is suddenly constantly hungry, but I'm not bothered by that. I am however, upset that my CAR WAS STOLEN in the middle of the day yesterday. Still hasn't been found. I just bought that car in April... Fingers crossed.

Today should be better. Hopefully.
Ms.Kay 07:13 AM 10-08-2019
Another day in paradise.... 1 yr old screaming. 😡
Valerie928 07:29 AM 10-08-2019
So far Tuesday equates to Monday with a side order of "can you not have our daughter (22 months) not take naps anymore" Apparently she screams at home when they put her in her crib to nap so therefore she does not need to nap anymore. I LOVE PARENTS
Ac114 07:36 AM 10-08-2019
Monday I was off to take care of some appointments. Still had a parent show up despite my reminder 3 weeks ago, a sign on my door all last week and another reminder on friday. Then had another parent text me to let me know her child won’t be here that day. Like oh well that’s good because I’m closed anyway 🙄🙄

Tuesday is so far so good. I got a call back on a job I applied for last week. I’m hoping all goes well. I’m not sure how much longer I can do daycare.
springv 10:46 AM 10-09-2019
All is well for my Wednesday, our local fire department came and visited this morning and Friday is the homecoming parade and we are bringing our custom wagon and team of Percharon for the kids to see before we get lined up. I'm so excited because I've been wanting to bring them for a long time
Unregistered 11:03 AM 10-09-2019
Wednesday
12 toddlers (2-4.5yo)are here + 2 school-agers+3 adults, including me. We are stuck inside because of rain. Fortunately, kids are well behaving and playing pretty well together. It is my first group of kids which is with me since their infants' age. I love it!
Msdunny 11:45 AM 10-09-2019
Wednesday here - one of my low key days for the week. only 3 kiddos - 3 yo and 2 toddlers. Toddlers come right before lunch time, and one leaves right after naptime.

My daughter and I consider this our 'Friday in the middle of the week'
Valerie928 12:30 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Wednesday here - one of my low key days for the week. only 3 kiddos - 3 yo and 2 toddlers. Toddlers come right before lunch time, and one leaves right after naptime.

My daughter and I consider this our 'Friday in the middle of the week'
Happy Wednesday😊 My Wednesday's are low key too......it's just those Mondays that I dread the most.
Annalee 07:02 PM 10-09-2019
Me too! She's 3!

It's also my daughter's birthday (she's 31) and my younger brother's birthday (he's 44)

Happy birthday to all the birthday peeps today!
My nephew's birthday (22) is today and mine is Friday (53 for me).
Cat Herder 08:29 AM 10-10-2019
Wow, so many October birthdays I have one party to throw in a couple weeks, too.

Happy Birthday, Annalee!!
Ariana 08:37 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jociheart:
My Monday was perfect as far as the kiddos went, despite the 7mo in my room who is suddenly constantly hungry, but I'm not bothered by that. I am however, upset that my CAR WAS STOLEN in the middle of the day yesterday. Still hasn't been found. I just bought that car in April... Fingers crossed.

Today should be better. Hopefully.
Oh my goodness did you get it back yet?!
CenterTeacher20 09:46 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Oh my goodness did you get it back yet?!
Nope! Haven't gotten any hits on finding it yet. We'll see! Luckily my insurance is awesome
Tags:daycare experiences, monday blues, mondays
Reply Up