Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bathroom Deals
Backflower 02:37 AM 01-22-2020
Hey, everyone, new to this forum!
My husband is redoing a bathroom, while I'm choosing a toilet and a shower cabin (the hardest tasks are always going to women). I'd like to have an open type shower cabin with no lid above, but I've never had this kind of shower cabins, so I'd like to ask first, is it ok for the stretch ceiling? So my choice depends only on this thing, but I'd rather buy an open type. As for a toilet, I'd like to buy one with no water tank above. Here we have about the same situation... I haven't had a toilet like this, so I'd like to know your opinion on that. I worry about leaking and some stuff, that can easily be fixed in a usual toilet, thanks.
Backflower 02:23 AM 01-25-2020
Lifted this thread to the top. Still looking for advice
Cat Herder 05:48 AM 01-25-2020
I am not sure what an "open type shower" is as I have only had tub/shower combinations and one shower insert while raising 3 kids. I don't think I have seen a tankless toilet other than composting toilets at state parks. I wish I could be of more help.

I did have the pleasure of using "point of use" heated water showers while traveling abroad and loved them.
Backflower 07:35 PM 01-27-2020
As for the open-type shower cabin, I mean something like this. And I'm afraid that water steam will up to the stretch ceiling and it won't be good for it. As for the toilet, I mean something like a 4-th option from here. How does it call in a proper way? composting? The said to be very noisy, what do you think?
Cat Herder 04:10 AM 01-28-2020
The shower you linked is the only kind I have ever had. It can cause mold buildup if you live in a humid area like me. It was particularly bad when we had 5 people showering each morning. The room was saturated. I always used a box fan to dry it out when the kids left for school and bleach, bleach, bleach maintenance. I had planned on having it tiled, but the ceiling issue would still exist. I guess the key is how big and ventilated the room is, mine was neither.

The toilet, I have no clue. I don't think I have ever seen one like it and am not sure how it would be hooked to a water source with existing plumbing.
Ariana 05:21 AM 01-28-2020
I have two showers like this in my home and no issues. Make sure you use a bathroom paint for the ceiling and run the fan if humidity is high in your house.

We have that toilet in our camper and I don’t see much of a difference from a regular toilet except that it is smaller. The water still rushes in but in a different way (spins around the top).
Tags:remodel, toilet
Reply Up