Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing Your Own Paid Vacation Days??
SunflowerMama 01:55 PM 06-02-2011
So in my contract I have the dates of December 24th - January 2nd off as paid holiday days.

My mom just informed me that the family is planning a big reunion in Florida the week after Thanksgiving and we'd love to go and take our girls to Disney.

I'm wondering how my families would take it if I decided to switch my paid week off. It is still 6 months off so plenty of time I think I'm just wondering if anyone has changed their contract holiday dates before and how the families took it.

So I would now be open that week between Christmas and New Years and closed the week following Thanksgiving.

What do you think?
Live and Learn 01:59 PM 06-02-2011
6 months is plenty of time.
Go for it!
wdmmom 02:00 PM 06-02-2011
Just ask!

I think it would be much easier finding a fill-in sitter for the week of Thanksgiving than over the Christmas holidays!
bice99 02:01 PM 06-02-2011
Go have fun! Yes families appreciate that we list our vacations at the beginning of the year but I think yours will all understand why you are changing weeks. Have fun
littlemissmuffet 02:03 PM 06-02-2011
The only paid days off listed in my contract are stats, and at the beginning of each year I give a handout of the two weeks paid vacation time I will be closing the daycare for... either way, I would talk to each family before making a decision of expecting to be PAID for the switch. Six months is plenty of notice to require additional closed time, but with my families I wouldn't be able to expect payment because they all need to give their 2 weeks vacation notice at the beginning of the year when I give them mine (all my families use the same vacation time I do)... this is why I have an optional unpaid third week of vacation should I require it (haven't yet).
KEG123 02:54 PM 06-02-2011
I definitely think 6 months is plenty of time for your families to prepare. Just tell them you had a change of plans. Easy peasy.
WDW 04:33 PM 06-02-2011
Go for it! And enjoy Disney!
Tags:paid holidays, paid vacations
Reply Up