Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have My Day Care Back Woooo Hoooo!!!!
karen 10:46 AM 05-09-2012
Hi everyone sorry it's been awhile but here's why!

I just wanted to share ……Hopefully this will help anyone out.
For the past few months I have been completely stressed out. I was ready to walk away from it all.
I absolutely was so tired of doing this job. The children were just awful. I was breaking up fights constantly. I couldn’t do any thing! Not one art project, circle time, flashcards, change a diaper NOTHING without breaking up a fight. It was terrible over here. I didn’t like it at all. I started buying more equipment because I thought maybe I was lacking somewhere, that everything I have learned was wrong. I started talking more to a friend who is a director at an NAEYC center. Oh I was just beside myself with what the issue could be and I was certain it was me! That I was doing something wrong.
Turns out that NOPE it wasn’t ME! It was one of my boys! I termed him last week and WHAT A DIFFERENCE I HAVE MY DAY CARE BACK! I HAVE MY SANITY BACK!
I had to term him as he was too violent with the other children. Every time I turned my back for one second he would go after someone. It was a no win situation. The final straw was when he was mad at me he picked up a toy and threw it hitting one of my babies in the head and also got a serious complaint from one of my mom’s saying her child was really afraid of this boy even having bad dreams about him. That was it for me.
You see I decided a long time ago that if I ever had the opportunity to open my own center I would not tolerate violent behavior amongst the children. I have dealt with such behaviors for years because at a center they would never term no matter how horrible the child was. I will not work like that anymore. I am trained up the wazoo on how to deal with behavior issues but that is too much of a stressful environment on all involved. I don’t want to focus on the negative child all day I want to sit and play games with all of my children!!!!!! That is what’s going on….I am now eating pretend pizza, making pretend phone calls, doing all sorts of art projects and circle time and everything else so YAY I HAVE MY DAY CARE BACK!!!!!
It is sooooooo calm and peaceful again and my children are napping and I have a lunch break again!!!!!!
Sometimes it's not you that's at fault but maybe you have that one certain child. I don't care about the money because no amount of money is worth stressing my self out over.
I hope this helps someone out that is in the same kind of situation.
Yes I did try and work with this child but it only got worse instead of better.
Heidi 10:54 AM 05-09-2012

Been there, totally get it! Yay for you!
cheerfuldom 10:54 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by karen:

For the past few months I have been completely stressed out. I was ready to walk away from it all.
I absolutely was so tired of doing this job. The children were just awful. I was breaking up fights constantly. I couldn’t do any thing! Not one art project, circle time, flashcards, change a diaper NOTHING without breaking up a fight. It was terrible over here. I didn’t like it at all. I started buying more equipment because I thought maybe I was lacking somewhere, that everything I have learned was wrong. I started talking more to a friend who is a director at an NAEYC center. Oh I was just beside myself with what the issue could be and I was certain it was me! That I was doing something wrong.
Turns out that NOPE it wasn’t ME! It was one of my boys! I termed him last week and WHAT A DIFFERENCE I HAVE MY DAY CARE BACK! I HAVE MY SANITY BACK!
I had to term him as he was too violent with the other children. Every time I turned my back for one second he would go after someone. It was a no win situation. The final straw was when he was mad at me he picked up a toy and threw it hitting one of my babies in the head and also got a serious complaint from one of my mom’s saying her child was really afraid of this boy even having bad dreams about him. That was it for me.
You see I decided a long time ago that if I ever had the opportunity to open my own center I would not tolerate violent behavior amongst the children. I have dealt with such behaviors for years because at a center they would never term no matter how horrible the child was. I will not work like that anymore. I am trained up the wazoo on how to deal with behavior issues but that is too much of a stressful environment on all involved. I don’t want to focus on the negative child all day I want to sit and play games with all of my children!!!!!! That is what’s going on….I am now eating pretend pizza, making pretend phone calls, doing all sorts of art projects and circle time and everything else so YAY I HAVE MY DAY CARE BACK!!!!!
It is sooooooo calm and peaceful again and my children are napping and I have a lunch break again!!!!!!
Sometimes it's not you that's at fault but maybe you have that one certain child. I don't care about the money because no amount of money is worth stressing my self out over.
It sounds like you did the right thing! I am so happy for you! what a breath of fresh air your daycare must be right now. Kudos for taking this situation seriously (especially with the one kid having nightmares, yikes!). If you are stressed out, imagine what this boy was putting all these other kids through?!
WImom 10:55 AM 05-09-2012
Glad you got your daycare back. I know just how that is when one child can have such an impact on your day.
temom 10:55 AM 05-09-2012
Good for you. Best of luck with everything.
lil angels 10:59 AM 05-09-2012
Yay! you are going to have a fun summer!
karen 11:01 AM 05-09-2012
Thanks everyone for your kind and understanding words!
sharlan 11:03 AM 05-09-2012
I'm sorry that you had to go through that. But, I am so happy that things are working out better for you.

Not every home is right for every child and not every child is right for every home. We have to have the right balance.
CKSher 11:25 AM 05-09-2012
Congrats on finding happiness once again! I am going through that right now with one in my group, but I am hanging on for dear life as he will be in kindy this fall and I will get a fresh new start. As a matter fact all 5 of my pre-schoolers (including my ds) will be going to kindy this fall, so I have a lot of big decisions to make regarding my future. I am looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel and am so glad you were able to find it!
MissAnn 11:38 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by karen:

Oh my goodness....I just went through the same thing. I also termed....after a kid went to the ER because of him. That was it! I work by myself and I can't keep my eyes on only 1 kid.....and even if I do....I cannot prevent "things" from happening. I kept him for 2 years and some times were easier than others....but ultimately I need to protect all kids here.
countrymom 12:19 PM 05-09-2012
I had a kid that I called the devils spawn. He had that gleem in his eye that you knew he could do bad. He was 4 and he never napped. He would also abuse his mother, but she made excuses for him. He even secretly led my older dck's outside without me knowing, thats how cunning he was. But then the other dck's started having bad dreams about him and his sister. At first I dismissed it, but then the other kids started complaining about him and acting weird. I had to term him. After I termed him, not one child asked about him, it was like he dissappeared and no one cared. Mom can't find anyone to watch him or his sister.
DaisyMamma 05:03 AM 05-10-2012
I'm glad for you. No amount of money is worth that kind of stress.
temom 05:23 AM 05-10-2012
Sigh!! mine was the totally opposite of the above. never hit, screamed or misbehaved, but if he didn't like doing or me telling him to do something he would just freeze or pretend he has no clue what i am talking about. he would annoy other kids by saying this my toy i am taking it home, or poke them when they said stop he would do it more. would annoy the crap outta me. just once he hit my son with another toy and cut his cheek when i told the mum she asked him if he didn't that because my son was annoying him. i just was amazed at how she was dealing with the problem. Once the mom came he boy took a complete turn to the worse, yelling at her, hitting her, call her the b word. when i asked him where he heard that he said my dad calls her that. my jaw dropped.

p.s she never corrected him once.
boysx5 06:19 AM 05-10-2012
Oh so true glad for you
Countrygal 04:00 PM 05-10-2012
Good for you!
Tags:love daycare
Reply Up